Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information. The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing. The GDPR clarifies that the reason for allowing individuals to access their personal data is so that they are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing (Article 15).
- The GDPR includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- An individual can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing.
- You have one calendar month to respond to a request.
- In certain circumstances you can refuse a request for rectification.
- This right is closely linked to the controller’s obligations under the accuracy principle of the GDPR (Article (5)(1)(d)).
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
This part should be provided by other solutions like User Profile system/plugins. You should care about front-end User Profile management interface. If you don’t have profile data editing options on front-end you should allow users to access to WordPress Dashboard > Profile admin page.
If you don’t want to enable access to Dashboard Profile Page, you should at least disable user registration in Dashboard > Settings > General admin page. User account system and personal data editing interface is not a comment system feature and you should not search such solution in wpDiscuz plugin.
Accessing and Updating Own Content
wpDiscuz allows users and guest edit and update their comments within 15 minutes after the comment is posted. This is the default timeout. Using the “Allow comment editing for” option you can change or remove the comment editing timeout.
This will allow users to edit/update own comments whenever they want using the  button.