There are a few cases when manually installing wpDiscuz plugin is appropriate.
- If you wish to control the placement and the process of installing wpDiscuz.
- If your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress Plugin.
Installation of a wpDiscuz manually requires FTP familiarity and the awareness that you may put your site at risk if you install a wpDiscuz incompatible with the current version or from an unreliable source.
To install wpDiscuz manually:
- Download wpDiscuz Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the /wpdiscuz/ folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Dashboard > Plugins screen and find wpDiscuz in the list.
- Click [Activate] button to activate it.
- Then follow to Plugin Installation Wizard steps.