The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Sent comments not s...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue [Solved] Sent comments not showing up

15 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@footloose)

My comments box shows up fine at the bottom of my posts, but new comments are not showing up. There is an odd piece of script visible: [script_14] which I assume should not be there. I don't know what it means or how to remove it.

Comment form

14 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @footloose,

We see Jetpack comments on your website. Please deactivate Jetpack comments, delete the cache and all will work fine, you can't use two different comment systems together. You should keep activated whether wpDiscuz or Jetpack Comments.

13 Replies
(@footloose)

@asti  Hi Asti, thank you for you quick reply. I did as you suggested, disabled comment settings in JetPack, and deleted the cash. Even logged out and waited a while to see. The odd piece of script has disappeared, but sadly, comments are still not coming through. Anything else I should look at?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

You have some JS errors on your website, so commenting function doesn't work correctly. 

Please deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find the problem maker.

Keep the cache plugin (if you have) deactivated during this testing process.

Don't forget to press Ctrl+F5(twice) on the frontend each time before checking.

(@footloose)

@asti  What should I see if the responsible plugin is located? Should I see the comments that are 'hiding' uploaded, or should I get a new comment sent after each try? Thank you for your help!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

It'd be better if you try to comment after each plugin deactivation.

First, deactivate the cache plugin(keep it deactivated during the testing process). 

Then all security/antispam plugins. It also may be a CAPTCHA/ReCAPTCHA plugin or one of the plugins has a built-in CAPTCHA/ReCAPTCHA that causes the issue, 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Please keep us informed. 

(@footloose)

@asti Bingo! It's CAPTCHA 4WP.  Now what do I do? Obviously I need that plugin?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

Please try to disable it for the comment form. 

Please don't forget to delete the caches before checking, once the option is unchecked. 

(@footloose)

@asti Thank you! That did the trick. May I assume the "lost" comments will now roam aimlessly in cyberspace?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

Don't you see those in the Dashboard > Comments admin page? 

(@footloose)

@asti Hi Asti, no the only new comments are the ones I put up once the problem was fixed. None are "pending" and the ones sent by friends a few days ago did not appear.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

Probably you can find those in the Database.  

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@footloose,

I've just asked the developers they say that you can install the WP phpMyAdmin plugin and send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. They can check it for you. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

We have not received a reply from you for over a couple of weeks, therefore we will be closing this topic. Please create a new one if you require any additional help.

Share: