The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Inline commenting t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Inline commenting tool - font size issue

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@patwire)

When I use inline commenting on my site - the inline comment text  - is smaller than my site post body text which is a shame - is there a way to adjust this? 

See: https://westbridgfordwire.com/council-seeks-views-on-proposals-to-tackle-anti-social-behaviour-in-nottinghams-multi-storey-car-parks/

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@patwire,

We don't see any example in the URL you've provided. 

(@daneoleary)

I'm having this issue too I think.

Basically, when I use the inline shortcode, it seems to strip my paragraph formatting off all the text in the paragraph, including the test outside of what's between the two shortcode brackets.

So I went to "Customize" and tried to throw together some basic CSS to get that text formatted the same as the rest, but it created a new problem... Instead of having an automatic space between paragraphs, there's now two actual blank lines between all paragraphs on the entire page.

I guess what I need is to be able to use these inline shortcodes while forcing the text to abide by the same CSS formatting rules as the rest of the page.

Added screenshots to show what I mean. One screenshot shows how the inline shortcode strips my CSS formatting, and the other shows a simple piece of CSS I cobbled together to try to fix it, but it causes the double-spacing issue between paragraphs.

What do I need to do to fix this?

(BTW, this site currently has a "Coming Soon" plugin activated because it's a client's site that's not ready for launch. However, if you need to access the site to see/troubleshoot this problem, I have a login that you can use. I'd just need a way to provide it without making it available to the general public.)

Screen Shot 2020 09 30 at 7.51.31 PM
Screen Shot 2020 09 30 at 7.52.42 PM

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @daneoleary

(BTW, this site currently has a "Coming Soon" plugin activated because it's a client's site that's not ready for launch. However, if you need to access the site to see/troubleshoot this problem, I have a login that you can use. I'd just need a way to provide it without making it available to the general public.)

Please send the login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address, we'll check the issue. Don't forget to include the example URL in the email content. 

4 Replies
(@daneoleary)

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@daneoleary,

Please follow the instruction provided by Tom and only use this inline comments for new paragraphs, don't use it for one or two words in some paragraphs.

(@daneoleary)

@asti well, I wasn't trying to use it for only one or two words. It was for one sentence in a multi-sentence paragraph.

However, even following his instructions, it still isn't working. If you visit this post, you'll see that even with the shortcode encompassing the entire paragraph, the shortcode strips the formatting from the body text. I even modified the length of the paragraph in hope of fixing the issue, and when I did this, the little comment icon disappeared. So at this moment, the shortcode has been applied (which I know because the formatting has been stripped off the body text) but for some reason, the inline commenting feature hasn't been activated. In short, I'm experiencing the negative side effect of the shortcode without getting the benefit of the shortcode.

Hopefully, you have another solution for this as I really like to use this feature. But it's going to be a serious problem if the only way to use it is to use Arial 10pt 1.0em font formatting for the body text.

Screen Shot 2020 10 02 at 7.43.05 PM

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@daneoleary,

The first issue will be fixed by using this CSS code:

.wpd-inline-shortcode {
line-height: 1.9em;
font-family: Montserrat, sans-serif;
}

The second issue is already solved. 

The developers just changed the red marked value in the wpdiscuz-feedback id="4jee4cvcb6" shortcode.

Please note the ID should be unique in each shortcode.

Please watch this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/aQ0oVWi3N

Share: