The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Inline commenting c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Inline commenting creates gap in text

30 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member

If I 'inspect' the code, I can see a <p>around the sentence above</p>..like so. So that <p> tag is causing the space below...I think 🤔 

Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member

I did as suggested, but still the gap persists. As I said previously, it appears that a <p> tag is inserted around the text before the inline editor, causing the gap. 

3 Replies
 Alex
(@alex)

Eminent Member
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@alex,

Could you please provide us a screenshot of the shortcode section in text mode?
Please make sure there is no additional HTML code in the shortcode.

Alex
(@alex)

Eminent Member

@asti

Screenshot 20200617 150935

I can't see any html in 'text' mode. I dowloaded a plugin ... 

Screenshot 20200617 151137

but even with this installed, I cannot see any html? 

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @alex,

There is no solution for this. The text which is selected for feedback is being wrapped in a <div> so other parts are separated and inserted in <p> paragraphs. This is designed to use a whole paragraph, which can be line-breaked. So, just don't use a few words in a sentence. You should use a text part which can be introduced as a separate paragraph. You can see the same in our demo page: https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/

Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @tomson

You should use a text part which can be introduced as a separate paragraph.

I'm not sure that's quite correct.... if I understand well? I've now found that as long as you select a part of text which has some kind of punctuation at the end (comma, full stop, semi colan etc.), it works fine....no gap/line break etc. As you can see here> https://www.alexenglish.cz/tpr-storytelling/

I'm super stoked about this feature, and that I can now use it for helping my students!

Thanks for support and super quick feedback 😉 

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@alex,

Maybe, but I think this works because there is no paragraph in your current text. The main issue is in the paragraphs. Press F12 to see the page HTML code:

2020 06 17 1841

Perhaps the punctuation stops WordPress to automatically add <p> paragraphs. Because the <p> paragraphs always put following texts in the next line. They don't allow other tags and <div> to be displayed on the same line.

Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @tomson

Perhaps the punctuation stops WordPress to automatically add <p> paragraphs.

That's it exactly!

When I selected just a few words, <p> tags were added. When I selected a complete sentence, or part of a sentence with punctuation, none were added.

Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member

My apologies, but after further trial and error testing, it appears that it works flawlessly even if I highlight one word!? Please see> https://www.alexenglish.cz/tpr-storytelling/

I have no idea why it now renders perfectly, but I'm happy to consider this query closed. Maybe someone has an answer, but it's beyond me 🤔 

Alex
Topic starter
(@alex)
Eminent Member

It's a bit inconsistent now! 🤨  

Screenshot 20200618 161658
2 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@alex,

Please follow to my instruction above and only use this inline comments for new paragraphs, don't use it for one or two words in some paragraph.

Alex
(@alex)

Eminent Member

@tomson OK. Shame 🙁 It would be real handy if wpdiscuz could be anabled somehow to select any part of the text 😉

But I appreciate it is still an awesome addition to any commenting system!

Page 2 / 3
Share: