The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Wpdiscuz not workin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Wpdiscuz not working with Tutor LMS

15 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@cahemuller)

Hi!

I'm opening this topic here, because in the wordpress forum I couldn't get a solution. I'll copy what I wrote over there. The original topic is at this link: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/challenge-how-to-configure-wpdiscuz-with-tutor-lms/#post-13555901

I use the Tutor LMS plugin and I’m not satisfied with the standard “Q&A” that appears in each class. Then I had the idea to disable “Q&A” and use wpdiscuz, which is much more complete.
As the Tutor uses his own theme instead of standard wordpress pages and posts, I had to enable wpdiscuz through a child theme, as suggested in the topic:

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/plugin-update-issues/problem-wpdiscuz-comments/#post-595

The problem is that wpdiscuz left the layout completely unconfigured, as you can see in the image I send attached to this post. There are also two php errors, which I also sent a print.

I have already disabled all plugins, as I was told it could be a conflict. I left only wpdiscuz and the LMS Tutor active, and the problem continues.

I honestly don’t know how to solve this, since I’m not a php developer. Can someone help me?

14 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue. 

Topic starter
(@cahemuller)

Ok @asti

I have already sent the email as you requested. Can you please confirm receipt?

Thank you!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

You should either remove the shortcode or the comments_template function from the template files. Currently, there are two comment forms. 

Topic starter
(@cahemuller)

@asti

Hello, I followed your suggestion, I deleted the comments_template function from the template files, now only wpdiscuz appears, still with the css unconfigured and without the field to insert a comment.

The query monitor pointed out some duplicate queries, I don't know if that could be it.

Topic starter
(@cahemuller)
query monitor
css error
9 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

ok @cahemuller,

Please wait a bit, we'll check this ASAP. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

somehow the comments are not being supported anymore. Please revert back all changes you've made and let us know. 

(@cahemuller)

@asti ready, comments are loading again.

To understand what I did, I just added the code <? Php comments_template (); ?> in the Skillate Child file: single-lesson.php (tutor / single-lesson.php).

But now the error in wpdiscuz has returned, as shown in the image.

discuz error
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

Something is still wrong. Please make sure the comment support is enabled for the lessons. 

But now the error in wpdiscuz has returned, as shown in the image.

Once you enabled the comment support for lessons, please let us know. This will be checked as well. 

(@cahemuller)

@asti

I did as you asked. I inserted the code again in the child theme's functions.php file, as you can see in the attached image.

add comments

Then inside the post https://woocommerce-484326-1528951.cloudwaysapps.com/courses/aula-jarra-moldes/aulas/passo-a-passo-completo/ I checked the option "allow comments", as you can see in the image attached.

allow comments

Interesting that wpdiscuz should work, replacing the original comments, but it doesn't, it continues with the error.

If I remove the shortcode [wpdiscuz_comments], wordpress comments appear normally, as you can see in the attached image.

comments no discuz

If I just leave the shortcode and remove the default wordpress comments, it also gets mangled.

That is, I have tried all possible options, within my technical knowledge. If you want to try to change something, you can do it, I already sent you the login by email.

The site is at this testing address, on the new server, in order to correct this problem. Then I will migrate the database and change the domain's dns.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

The developers have fixed the issue. They just commented out the comments_template() function. 

(@cahemuller)

@asti Thank you! You are great! Your support is better than most paid plugins. I plan to buy some addons.
I am very happy and satisfied! 🤩

(@cahemuller)

@asti Can you tell me what the problem was and what was fixed? More in case of having a plugin update and returning the problem. Anyway, I'm backing up the site before doing the full migration.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cahemuller,

We've just commented out the comments_template() function in the template files, then in the "Display comment form for post types" section, we've enabled the comment form for the lessons. 

More info about the option you can find here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-settings/#post-types

Share: