The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
User mentions is no...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] User mentions is not working consistently

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kfangurl)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I've started a similar topic before, but because that is now closed, here I am again.. 😅

One of my readers appears to be properly signed in (ie, there's a "W" WordPress icon on her display picture), however when I try to tag her using @name, it does not work. However, other name mentions have worked on my site, so user mentions is working at least somewhat.

Here is the url of her comment: https://thefangirlverdict.com/2021/06/11/so-im-on-a-podcast/#comment-98311

And here is the url of the comment where I tried to tag her using @name: https://thefangirlverdict.com/2021/06/11/so-im-on-a-podcast/#comment-98340

Would really appreciate your help and advice, thank you!

Screen Shot 2021 06 15 at 10.20.51 AM

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@kfangurl,

Please check and make sure you're using the correct nicename for mentioning. 

WordPress has three different names for Users:

• Username (Login) – Being used for website authorization (login, sign-in) action
  • Display Name – Other users and guests see in user profile details and next to user posts (post author name).
  • Nicename – Unique name

After a regular user registration process, Username, Display Name, and Nicename are set the same. For example, If you register a user with “Martin59” Username your user names look like this:

• Username – Martin59
  • Display Name – Martin59
  • Nicename – martin59
1 Reply
(@kfangurl)

Eminent Member

@asti Wow, I did not know about Nicename, and I didn't know it would be different from a user's Display name! Thank you for the information, I will look into it.

Although, it would be nice if the user mention feature could work successfully using the display name, because most users would not know about Nicename. 😅

Thank you for your time, as always!

psi
(@psi)

@asti, I guess you mean the nickname or is there really something like the nicename ? 

I agree with kfangurl, that the nickname is not visible normally and also it's not guaranteed that it is unique in Wordpress. So using the displayname (or at least the option) instead, would be great. 

For me it's not even working well with the nickname, as there is no suggestion dropdown and when I send the comment the  display name appears. Kind of confusing.

Other than that, great component ! Thanks !

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@psi,

This is an old topic. Now the working logic of the wpdiscuz plugin has been changed.  Please read this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-disable-nicenames-2/

If you have some kind of issue, please open your own support topic and leave some example URLs to allow us to check the issue.

This topic will be closed. 

Share: