Notifications
Clear all

User mentions is not working consistently

kfangurl
Topic starter
(@kfangurl)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I've started a similar topic before, but because that is now closed, here I am again.. 😅

One of my readers appears to be properly signed in (ie, there's a "W" WordPress icon on her display picture), however when I try to tag her using @name, it does not work. However, other name mentions have worked on my site, so user mentions is working at least somewhat.

Here is the url of her comment: https://thefangirlverdict.com/2021/06/11/so-im-on-a-podcast/#comment-98311

And here is the url of the comment where I tried to tag her using @name: https://thefangirlverdict.com/2021/06/11/so-im-on-a-podcast/#comment-98340

Would really appreciate your help and advice, thank you!

Screen Shot 2021 06 15 at 10.20.51 AM

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Support member

@kfangurl,

Please check and make sure you're using the correct nicename for mentioning. 

WordPress has three different names for Users:

• Username (Login) – Being used for website authorization (login, sign-in) action
  • Display Name – Other users and guests see in user profile details and next to user posts (post author name).
  • Nicename – Unique name

After a regular user registration process, Username, Display Name, and Nicename are set the same. For example, If you register a user with “Martin59” Username your user names look like this:

• Username – Martin59
  • Display Name – Martin59
  • Nicename – martin59
1 Reply
kfangurl
(@kfangurl)

Eminent Member

@asti Wow, I did not know about Nicename, and I didn't know it would be different from a user's Display name! Thank you for the information, I will look into it.

Although, it would be nice if the user mention feature could work successfully using the display name, because most users would not know about Nicename. 😅

Thank you for your time, as always!

Share: