Subscriptions not w...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Subscriptions not working, possible SQL table prefix issue with iThemes security

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@mswas)

My subscriptions are not working when comments are submitted. The comments are saving ok, but the subscription is not being triggered.

I have iThemes security installed, and it adds a unique prefix to the database tables (let's say "myuniqueprefix"), so that the table for comments, originally _wc_comments_subscription, now has myuniqueprefix_wc_comments_subscription.

How can I add myuniqueprefix to the _wc_comments_subscription table reference so that subscriptions can be saved? Right now they are not being written to that field.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@mswas,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Tools admin page, click on the "Fix Tables" button in the "Database Operations" section.

5 Replies
(@mswas)

@asti That did work... in a way. When I subscribe in the subscription bar, that did work, and I can see 1 subscription in the dashboard.

However, I can't seem to get an auto-subscription to comments to work.

I have 'Keep checked the "Notify of new replies to this comment" option by default' selected

And whether I show or hide the subscription bar, the user is not being subscribed unless they fill in the subscription bar. They are not subscribed if they merely comment. And that is for registered users, and non-registered users. 

I have tested with multiple email addresses, both of registered users and guests, to be sure.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mswas,

We don't see the notification icon on your website at all. Please make sure the 'Display "Notify of new replies to this comment" option in comment form' option is enabled.

The 'Keep checked the "Notify of new replies to this comment" option by default' option won't work until the previous option isn't enabled. 

More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/subscription-and-user-following/#display-%E2%80%9Cnotify-of-new-replies-to-this-comment%E2%80%9D-option-in-commen

(@mswas)

@asti That did enable the subscriptions, thank you.

However, does enabling that mean that the user is only subscribed to the replies to that one comment? I want them to be subscribed to all of the comments on the post when they submit one. That's why I had that deselected originally. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mswas,

However, does enabling that mean that the user is only subscribed to the replies to that one comment?

Yes, it's a single comment subscription. 

I want them to be subscribed to all of the comments on the post when they submit one. 

wpDiscuz doesn't have an auto-subscription feature. These kinds of options don't comply with GDPR and they are not manageable. 

(@mswas)

@asti Ok understood. Thanks for your help!

Share: