Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Responsive / Mobile

13 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mrcrownnnnn)

The plugin breaks the responsive look of the website, is there a solution for this? 

See video for the problem.

Thank you!

Topic Tags
12 Replies
Alina
(@alina)

Hi @mrcrownnnnn,

Please leave the example URL to allow us to check it.

4 Replies
(@mrcrownnnnn)

@alina of course

On this url there are no comments and then you see that the website does not have any problems.
https://needfud.com/

This url has a comment box but no comments have been given yet. Here you can already see that the website is not that responsive anymore and you can swipe a little bit from left to right.
https://needfud.com/investors-and-founders-of-ripple-in-addition-how-does-ripple-work/

This url contains a number of comments and you can see that you can swipe a large part from left to right.
https://needfud.com/no-we-use-monero-for-that-stuff-nice-try-fud-harder/

I assume that I don't have to mention that this is the case when the website is visited on mobile devices.

Alina
(@alina)

@mrcrownnnnn,

Please try the following CSS code, it should solve the issue.

#wpdcom .wpd-thread-list {
    overflow: hidden;
}

The CSS code should be added in the Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz > Srttings > Styles and Colors admin page in the "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

(@mrcrownnnnn)

@alina Hey, this does help that you can't slide left/right anymore, but it also causes another problem. It doesn't show all the text in the comment anymore, just like the option to edit your comment, for example. see screenshot and this link.

Then I also have the question, why can I post an image via desktop as a comment but not on mobile? The rich editor is on for both.

photo 2020 06 06 12 57 59
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mrcrownnnnn,

Please use this CSS code as well. The issue should be solved. 

#wpdcom .wpd-comment-text {
word-break: keep-all;
}
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @mrcrownnnnn,

I think you're using wpDiscuz Minimal Style, am I right?

Please note, that the minimal style is a developers style, it turns off wpDiscuz style and let you create your own style from scratch. We don't support Minimal style, it's just added for developers. Please switch to the Default style in Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Styles ad Colors Tab. Then delete all caches and always use incognito/private session of mobile browser when you are checking.

Please read the doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/styles-and-colors/#comment-form-and-comment-list-style

6 Replies
(@mrcrownnnnn)

Hey @tomson

Yes you're right I did use wpDiscuz Minimal. I changed it to default, but I still keep the problem. At least, partly, on my android phone (Oneplus 7T) I have the problem with both Chrome, Brave and firefox in incognito mode. But when I look at it on an Iphone with safari it seems to be fine.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mrcrownnnnn,

Ok, please delete all kind of caches and only use incognito/private session in your mobile browser. Do you use the incognito mode? Please show the problem again on screenshot in an incognito tab of mobile browser.

(@mrcrownnnnn)

@tomson

All caches have been deleted, this is in private mode with firefox. With other browsers you can't take a screenshot in private mode.

photo 2020 06 06 21 10 50
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mrcrownnnnn,

Ok, I don't see such problem on Android and iPhone devices. I attached what I see. Please provide a direct link to that page and let me know what phone and browser you use.

Screenshot 20200606 234159 Firefox
(@mrcrownnnnn)

@tomson

Thanks for the effort, I don't see any problems on another android phone to. Is it possible that the problem is on my phone itself?

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@mrcrownnnnn,

Yes, i think this is a device specific issue.

Share: