Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to turn off ALL CAPS?

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@yngvaimalmsteve)

Currently all the comments on my site show up in all caps, and I can't see any way to turn that off.

Example here.

How do I turn off the all caps? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@yngvaimalmsteve,

This is just a small CSS conflict with the theme or some other plugin. Please use the code below to solve it:

#wpdcom .wpd-comment-text p {
text-transform:none !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all kind of caches and check again.

Please don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking.

2 Replies
(@yngvaimalmsteve)

@asti  Not sure where the top admin bar you're referring to is? Is it in the WPDISCUZ settings? I don't see "Customize" in the dashboard or settings. I see custom CSS option if I go to edit the default comment form. There's also a custom CSS option in the "Styles and Colors" setting.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@yngvaimalmsteve

You can add the code there as well. 

(@karalayne)

The code snippet posted above worked perfectly. Thank you @asti! When you are typing in the comment box, however, is still in all caps. Is there a setting I am missing or code snippet that can help with that part of it?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@karalayne,

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue. 

Topic starter
(@yngvaimalmsteve)

For some reason comments are again showing up in all caps, despite having the code in place. You can see that the last comment is now in caps, when all previous comments weren't. I haven't made any changes to the site other than simply keeping plugins updated, and the original code is still in place.

Set Volume for Muscle Size: The Ultimate Evidence Based Bible – Weightology

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@yngvaimalmsteve,

Add this CSS code:

.comments_template #comments {
      text-transform: none !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again. 

Please don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking.

Topic starter
(@yngvaimalmsteve)

OK, adding to this...I just responded to a person's comment, and it showed up in all caps as I was typing, but then once I posted the comment, it was normal. But the individual's comment who I was responding too is still all caps

Share: