The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How much control ov...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How much control over images posted by users in a comment is there ?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Out of the box how much control of this do I have?

I see that in one post on our comments system (search for the text "lots of praise but to my eyes") you will see images appear and they are basically at 100% width of the space for comments.

Is that default handling or is that our own CSS playing around with this overriding defaults ?

What we'd like is small thumbnails that float / wrap neatly within the paragraphs.

Topic Tags
9 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi AdamTheForumUser,

Please use the Single Image Sizes in Comments option. It's located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Content and Media admin page. 

More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-content-and-media/#single-image-sizes-in-comments

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Just to check, this doesn't support cropping ?   If I remove the 'auto' value I see and set both dimensions to say 100px, it's going to distort the image ?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

You can set the value of height option as auto and just configure the width. 

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Hmmm I've changed the settings to make width 200px but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

Have you deleted all caches before checking (website, wpDiscuz, browser)? 

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Yes, we had local wp cache app and cloudflare but I've cleared both.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

We see the images are added via the URL, there were not uploaded via standard wpDiscuz upload setting. Please try this CSS solution:

#wpdcom a > img {
     width: 150px;
     display: block;
}

The red marked value can be changed as you like.

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again.

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Ah so you are saying that the user coded the image tags themselves in their comment, rather than using the interface to 'upload' ?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

If you press CTRL + C on the image or simply copy the image from some contend and paste it in the comment area, It'll be embedded in the comment content. Please watch this video.

https://www.screencast.com/t/mBKyrQZO9hV

If I press post a comment button, the image will be embedded in the comment content. You can check it yourself.

The option that controls this called "Image Source URL to Image Conversion". More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-content-and-media/

Share: