The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How do I remove the...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] How do I remove the link for a signed person?

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dinnermedia)

G'day all,

When someone is logged in it shows there name at the top of the comment box.  This name is linked to the author page.

I assume to normally remove this you turn off the author page?

However, we want to keep the author page for our authors and just not have this link enabled for a subscriber.

Is there a way in wpdiscuz to turn off this link in the name?  See screen shot below for link I am referring to.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @dinnermedia,

I may suggest you hide the section using the "Display logged-in user name and logout link on comment form" option. More info here:  https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/user-authorization-and-profile-data/#display-logged-in-user-name-and-logout-link-on-comment-form

Topic starter
(@dinnermedia)

Ok Thanks.  But is does mean the person cant logout.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dinnermedia,

If you want to display the logout link, use the CSS code below: 

.wpd-login {
    visibility: hidden;
}

#wpdcom .wpd-auth .wpd-login a:last-child{
    visibility: visible !important;
}

Put the code in the "Custom CSS code" textarea, located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Styles & Colors admin page.

Don't forget to delete the caches before checking.

Note: The "Display logged-in user name and logout link on comment form" option should be kept enabled. 

Topic starter
(@dinnermedia)

Hi Asti, thanks for the CSS code.  We installed it but is still does not provide the logout button.  We tried on different devices after clearing cache with no luck.

I suspect it may be because we also use plugins "Remove Dashboard Access" and "Hide Admin Bar Based on User Roles" to lock down the back end as we don't people to access the dashboard and remove the dashboard.

I did try turning both off and it still did not show the logout button except in the admin bar if I turned the "Hide Admin Bar Based on User Roles" plugin off.

If there is a way that we can remove the admin bar for subscribers and still provide a logout ability.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Sean

Topic starter
(@dinnermedia)

ok I got it working.  Forgot to turn Display logged-in user name back on.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dinnermedia,

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved.

We're going to mark this thread as resolved. Feel free to open a new topic if you have further questions.

Share: