The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comments by Logged ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Comments by Logged in User list Author as "Anonymous"

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@rosshanrahan)

A guest user is prompted to enter their name.  However, whenever a logged in user enters a comment it is listed as 'anonymous'.  

logged in user listed as anonymous author

If 'name' is listed as a required field, an error message appears saying "some of field value is invalid"

field invalid

The problem persists with all other plug ins disabled and the cache purged.  I am using the default WordPress Twenty Twenty theme

Can you please assist with debugging this issue

Ross

9 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@rosshanrahan,

Could you please end the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

Topic starter
(@rosshanrahan)

Hi Ansi,

I've done as you suggested but not received any response from wpDiscuz...

Ross

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@rosshanrahan,

Please leave the email subject here to allow us to find the email. 

Topic starter
(@rosshanrahan)

Problem with wpDiscuz plug in: Comments by Logged in User list Author as "Anonymous"

sent

Wednesday, 4 November 2020 at 9:00 pm

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@rosshanrahan,

We've found your email and check the issue. For some reason, the user is not being recognised as a logged-in user in AJAX request, it is being considered as a guest. Please contact your server support and let them know about the issue.

Topic starter
(@rosshanrahan)

Hi Anti, interesting that it would an issue with the server, seeing as WordPress native comments do not have this issue and the problem occurs only with wpDiscuz.

Can I get a refund?  wpDiscuz does not appear to work.

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@rosshanrahan,

As I've already mentioned it was a server configuration issue. I've asked the developers to install and fix the issue via the Really Simple SSL plugin. So now you can see the issue is solved. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

So you should either contact the hosting support and ask them to configure it correctly or keep activated the plugin I've mentioned. 

Topic starter
(@rosshanrahan)

Thanks Asti,

For other forum users with this issue, here are the settings used by the Really Simple SSL plug in to resolve the problem.

Screen Shot 2020 11 10 at 10.23.52 am
Share: