The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comment Bubble Posi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Comment Bubble Position

19 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@chhhh)

Hey wpdiscuz team, you rock!

one question: what css code do I need to put under styles and colors to move the comment bubble to a higher position?

On mobile, it overlaps with my floating sharing bar at the bottom, unfortunately.

Thank you!

18 Replies
Topic starter
(@chhhh)
0371758E 88F9 4963 BFF4 A770FFD8D494

Example for the issue I mentioned

1 Reply
Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@chhhh Hello,

Use this CSS please.

@media screen and (max-width: 600px)
#wpd-bubble-wrapper {
    bottom: 60px;
}

You can change both values to achieve the best result on different devices.

Don't forget to delete all caches before checking.

Topic starter
(@chhhh)

I am sorry but I failed to succeed. I put this here, cleared cache including WP but the bubble did not budge.

Do i need to put it in my theme files somewhere instead?

E99DFA0F A5BD 4E62 9CEA 596CEBDBB5C9

1 Reply
Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@chhhh I don't see any changes in styles from front-end.

Here are the screenshots

before

old

after

new

Please, make sure again that all caches have been deleted.

Topic starter
(@chhhh)

69DF84D0 C7FB 4AEA A3DB C267E0D8D5A3

I am sorry to continue stealing your time. I cleared all caches again to no result. I also tried putting it in additional css in child-theme instead of in wpdiscuz settings to no avail.

What I noticed in my style.css is that the terminology is slightly different („@media only screen and“ - see screenshot).

but adding the „only“ to the code has not helped either. 

1 Reply
Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@chhhh Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? Our developers will check the issue for you. 

Support
(@jacob)
Estimable Member

@chhhh Something is wrong with your setup. See the attached video please. Let's know when you fix it and we'll start checking.

11 Replies
(@chhhh)

@jacob i have copied a different, stable version of the system to the staging server - the errors you encountered should be gone.

(@chhhh)

@jacob Any news on this topic? Thank you!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@chhhh

We apologize for delay.

Could you please resent the login details? The developers were too busy. We're prepering a new version of the wpDiscuz plugin. Now the developers are able to check the issue.  

(@chhhh)

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@chhhh,

We still see the same issue as Jacob mentioned here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/10431/

A new video is attached below. 

(@chhhh)

@asti That display bug/critical error (minus the text in the footer, which I removed) is actually somehow caused by wpdiscuz. I ported the most recent stable version from production to staging, but there the system breaks as shown in your video. As soon as I disable wpdiscuz, everything is fine.

On production, that error does not occur (but I have the issues that I reported here).

All settings are identical between there two servers and I fail to understand why your plugin would break it on staging but not on prod. 

I have re-created your admin account for staging with the same credentials. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help clear this up.

Thanks, Chris

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@chhhh,

I have re-created your admin account for staging with the same credentials. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help clear this up.

The user doesn't have an admin user role. Please change the user role to admin and let us know. 

(@chhhh)

@asti Wow, I really deserve an award as "worst customer ever". The permissions are fixed, sorry!

Mind you: wpdiscuz is currently DISABLED on staging as it breaks the layout (although the same thing does not happen on prod with exact same settings/content)

I have changed this post so that the in-line commenting and image should overlap, so you can also test that: https://tpoatest.wpengine.com/haiku-muhammara/

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@chhhh,

The code works fine now. Please always do the customization as it's mentioned in this doc:  https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/customization/custom-template-and-style/

It's not allowed to make customization within the plugin files. 

The developers have created a new folder called wpDiscuz within your current active theme folder. Put there the css file and put the custom code within that file. 

You'd also need to add your custom codes in that file. 

(@chhhh)

@asti This has worked admirably now, thank you. 

I basically just copied the file your developers added via sftp to production and it works there. I assume no changes were made elsewhere that I would need to duplicate.

If I wanted to move the bubble slightly closer to the right border of the the screen, how would I have to edit the code?

Something like this did not work: 

/* Comment Bubble */
#wpd-bubble-wrapper{bottom: 60px; right:5px;}
#wpd-bubble-wrapper > #wpd-bubble #wpd-bubble-add-message {width: 270px;}

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@chhhh,

You'd need to change the value of the right CSS property.  

Share: