Notifications
Clear all

Assigning what email gets notified of a comment submission

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@eddiek)

I have a page on our website where I'm using wpDiscuz. Its just a page that visitors can ask general questions andΒ  our moderators can answer their questions. How do i set it up so that a particular WordPress user can be the one getting notifications of a comment submission. Currently these notifications are going to my email (the site owner). I don't want them to go to me but a different user on our WordPress site. How do i make that change?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@eddiek,

You should change the "Admin Email Address" in the Dashboard > Settings > General admin page. This article should be helpful for you: https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-change-the-wordpress-admin-email/

You can also use the wp_mail function if you only need to change the notifications that are being sent from comment section.Β Β 

Topic starter
(@eddiek)

thanks for your replay. Yes I don't want to change the admin for the website, just who gets the new comment notification. You said i could use the wp_mail function. I don't know how to do that. Are there detailed explanations for doing that? Or can their be multiple website admins?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@eddiek,

Β Or can their be multiple website admins?

You can create as many Administrators as you like. Just fill the email address of the person who should get the new comment notification in the "Admin Email Address" section.Β 

You said i could use the wp_mail function. I don't know how to do that. Are there detailed explanations for doing that?Β 

I'm sorry, but there isn't any easy solution. This requires some custom codding.Β 

Share: