The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
WPDiscuz Comment Fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WPDiscuz Comment Form Lost After Upgrading from version 5.35 to 7.1.3

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

Because of the need to change the css styling I postponed the upgrade for many months. Before upgrading WPDiscuz was working perfectly.

Now after upgrading to the latest version 7.1.3 the comments section is not loading the WPDiscuz comment format anymore. Comments are loading in the Wordpress Comments format.

The "get comments template" is present in the single.php file. I have tried disabling and re-activating the plugin without any success. I have also cleared the server and browser caches without any success.

Could this be a database problem and what should I be looking for.

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@supertrooper,

Please check the points mentioned in this doc and make sure the settings are configured correctly: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

Also, delete all kind of caches before checking. 

2 Replies
(@supertrooper)

Trusted Member

@asti

All of the tips on your link have been evaluated without success. If I were to create an admin account for you, would you take a look at the backend of our website?

Please confirm.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@supertrooper,

Sure, please send the login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

Hi Asti

The admin account has been created and details sent to gvectors as detailed above.

Please inform the developers to check out this issue.

Thanks for the great support.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@supertrooper,

The issue is solved. You have just needed to click on the "Update" button in the "Default form" edit section. 

We see a small CSS conflict. The links in the "You are logged in as" has an extra margin. We may suggest you add the CSS code below to solve it:

#wpdcom .wpd-auth .wpd-login a {
     margin-left: 0 !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again. 

Please don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking.

Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

Hi Asti

That's really great that you could resolve this issue so quickly. I am now finalizing the layout for desktop, tablet and mobile phones.

I have only had difficulty in aligning the login social icons, avatar and text box for the iPad tablet both before logging in and after logging in (see attached screenshots) - 1546 x 2048 pixels. The layout for desktop and mobile phone does not show these issues.

Please advise how the alignment can be achieved.

ipad logged out
ipad logged in
Topic starter
(@supertrooper)
Trusted Member

PS. You can view our website on the following link:

https://focusingonwildlife.com/news/

Share: