Clear all

Issues after updating to the latest version

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@ckaklamanos)

Hello.

First of all just to clarify, we are users of a couple of the wpDiscuz professional add-ons, but this support request has to do with the core version.

So, we updated the core plugin version from 5.3.6 to 7.1.3. For now, our professional addons are disabled and everything described below is performed on our STAGING site.

Problem #1: Update wizard persists

Yesterday, after performing the update, the update wizard kept coming again and again, no matter how many times I followed it. Strangely, today, the wizard did not come up again, even though nothing changed from my side since yesterday.

Problem #2: Visiting wpDiscuz >> Dashboard page causes our MySQL load to climb to 99%

When I visit the newly updated plugin dashboard our server MySQL load climbs to 99% and the server crashes.

Obviously, some resource-intensive DB query happens here. Any clues, what this query is and how to mitigate its effect?

Problem #3: Running Regenerate Comments' Data

Yesterday, I run the "Regenerate Vote Data" and "Regenerate Vote Metas" tools. How do I understand that the operations were successful and I do not need to run again? I ask becasue I did not get any feedback and the buttons are still clickable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ckaklamanos,

Yesterday, after performing the update, the update wizard kept coming again and again, no matter how many times I followed it. Strangely, today, the wizard did not come up again, even though nothing changed from my side since yesterday.

There should not be such an issue. If you see it again, just let us know. 

When I visit the newly updated plugin dashboard our server MySQL load climbs to 99% and the server crashes.

Obviously, some resource-intensive DB query happens here. Any clues, what this query is and how to mitigate its effect?

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Dashboard admin page, collapse the "Comment Statistic", "Active Users and Guests", "Subscriptions" sections. 

Posted by: @ckaklamanos

Yesterday, I run the "Regenerate Vote Data" and "Regenerate Vote Metas" tools. How do I understand that the operations were successful and I do not need to run again? I ask becasue I did not get any feedback and the buttons are still clickable.

If you don't see the message, then it works fine.

Topic starter
(@ckaklamanos)

Hello, thanks for getting back.

Posted by: @asti

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Dashboard admin page, collapse the "Comment Statistic", "Active Users and Guests", "Subscriptions" sections. 

While I was able to collapse "Comment Statistic", I could not collapse the other 2 sections. Also, they keep showing the loading indicator, like trying to load something all the time.

And again, now that I entered this page, the MySQL load climbed again to 99%.

Any further advice on how to solve this?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ckaklamanos,

As far as we see the "Active Users and Guests" and "Subscriptions" sections are still not collapsed. Please collapse those as well.

Topic starter
(@ckaklamanos)
Posted by: @asti

As far as we see the "Active Users and Guests" and "Subscriptions" sections are still not collapsed. Please collapse those as well.

You are correct, they are not collapsed.

The problem is that when I clicked the arrow, nothing happens. I did the same with the "Comment Statistic" and it worked. But collapsing the other 2 is not working.

Is there a filter to disable those dashboard widgets entirely?

Thanks.

Share: