[Solved] Comment voting issues.

26 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
Topic starter
(@chrisr)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I've noticed a few problems with the comment voting system in v7. 

First issue - The thumbs up and down hands do not stay highlighted after page reload.  To clarify, they highlight once clicked, but are unhighlighted on page reload. So the user doesn't know if they voted previously.  The "Highlight Voting Buttons for Voters" setting is on. 

Second issue - There doesn't seem to be a limit on votes anymore.  Users can up vote or down vote as many times as they'd like. 

Thank you,

-Chris

25 Replies
2 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member
Posted by: chrisr

Hello,

Second issue - There doesn't seem to be a limit on votes anymore.  Users can up vote or down vote as many times as they'd like. 

The first issue is a site specific issue. For the problem, please read this FAQ topic:

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/limit-comment-likes-unlimited-voting-problem/

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@tomson

Hey Tom,

I reported that these issues were all taken care of in this thread:

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/plugin-update-issues/comment-voting-issues-new/

Thank you,

-Chris

Topic starter
(@chrisr)
Eminent Member

I played with things a bit and found some more info.

It looks like the old up votes (before v7) are staying highlighted and not allowing me to vote again.  I get the "You've already voted for this comment" error.

But, these two issues I described above keep happening on new (after v7) up/down votes.  It's as if they aren't sticking.  The funny thing is, the numbers are staying accurate, meaning that if I vote a comment up 6 times, and reload the page, it still shows 6 up votes. 

-Chris

2 Replies
(@niccomisul)

@chrisr Same problem here. There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times a user can like/dislike a comment

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@niccomisul

Hey! I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Are you also experiencing the icons not staying highlighted after page reload?

-Chris

Topic starter
(@chrisr)
Eminent Member

I just checked your site from your thread, and voted on some comments (hopefully you don't mind). 

After reloading the page, my votes are also not highlighted anymore.

We're both experiencing the same issues.

-Chris

3 Replies
(@niccomisul)

@chrisr This issue only came up when I updated the plugin to the latest version

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@niccomisul

Yeah, same here.  Everything worked perfect before the update.

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@niccomisul

What hosting provider do you use?

(@sunny)
Eminent Member

I am also facing the same issue. I hope this gets resolved soon..

3 Replies
Alina
(@alina)

@sunny, @chrisr, @niccomisul,

First issue - The thumbs up and down hands do not stay highlighted after page reload.  To clarify, they highlight once clicked, but are unhighlighted on page reload. So the user doesn't know if they voted previously.  The "Highlight Voting Buttons for Voters" setting is on. 

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz > Settings >Comment Thread Features admin page, find and enable the "Highlight Voting Buttons for Voters" options.

There is no such issue. Please watch the recorded video below:  https://www.screencast.com/t/Ws38IjWf

(@niccomisul)

@alina There is such issue. You can try it yourself on our websites. And our users are complaining about it.

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@sunny

So that's three of us now.  I hope they stop telling us that "There is no such issue", and try to figure out whats going on.

-Chris

(@sunny)
Eminent Member

@alina well you can see the issue here http://lofizivu.kinsta.cloud/template-comments/  

i have removed unlike option, but i can click unlimited times the vote icon and the counter goes into neagtive..

Topic starter
(@chrisr)
Eminent Member

@alina

@alina

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Comments > wpDiscuz > Settings >Comment Thread Features admin page, find and enable the "Highlight Voting Buttons for Voters" options.

I stated in the text that you quoted that the "Highlight Voting Buttons for Voters" setting is on.  Here is a screenshot that confirms this:

Selection 001

Posted by: @alina

There is no such issue. Please watch the recorded video below: > https://www.screencast.com/t/Ws38IjWf

This is clearly an issue.  There are now three people experiencing these problems, and they started with the new update.  We've seen the video and played with the demo page like suggested.  Just because its working fine for you, doesn't mean it's working fine for us.

-Chris

(@sunny)
Eminent Member

hi @alina is there any update on the issue which we have reported?

2 Replies
Alina
(@alina)

@chrisr,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us
to check and find the reason of the issue.

@niccomisul, @sunny,

Once we find the reason of the issue,  we will update the plugin, and we will be able to update and fix it.

(@chrisr)

Eminent Member

@alina

Thank you for looking into this issue.  The admin details have been sent to that email.

-Chris

Page 1 / 2
Share: