The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Some comment area t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Bug Some comment area texts not translate using po/mo files

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jonny)
Eminent Member

Hello, I'm running into many problems with the translation of some texts (see attached images below).

2023 07 07b
2023 07 07 174803

It seems that some strings inserted in php files are not translatable, and this is a big problem for multilingual websites, as well as a loss of trust of buyers towards the plugin developer.

Please take into consideration what has been expressed, because I am following many other customers who have purchased your plugin and are having serious translation problems with the use of po/mo files in multilingual sites.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

I've already asked the developers to check the issues you've mentioned. I'll update this topic once I get a response from them. 

3 Replies
(@jonny)

Eminent Member

@asti

I hope I won't be waiting long, I have many customers who use your plugin on multilingual websites and they are pestering me with questions.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@lcforall,

Please delete the current version of the wpDiscuz plugin, download and install this one: 

(@jonny)

Eminent Member

@asti 
ok i try to check if the problems have been solved with this attached version and using the po/mo files i had translated.

Topic starter
(@jonny)
Eminent Member

In the language folder I found strange backup files with .po~ extension, I don't think they should be here!

However, what I can do is try updating the translations using the existing wpdiscuz-it_IT.po file and see if the areas of text I'm interested in translating, and which I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, change accordingly.

After every update of the .po file I promise to clear all caches before redisplaying the page in the frontend 😉.

2023 08 18 145857
Topic starter
(@jonny)
Eminent Member

@asti 

After inserting some test translations in Italian to the wpdiscuz-it_IT.po file (which is present in the wpdiscuz.zip file that you sent me a few posts above) the result is the same as before, nothing changes, let me explain in detail.

Taking your DOC as an example ( https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/subscription-and-user-following/#display-“notify-of-new-replies-to-this-comment ”-option-in-commen) and analyzing the content of line 3464 of the wpdiscuz-it_IT.po file we can deduce the following:
The translation string of the "Notify of new replies to this comment" popup refers to line 333 of the file:
wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/options/class.WpdiscuzOptions.php (see attached screenshot below).

Well, after loading the class.WpdiscuzOptions.php file in my Notepad++ editor, on line 333 there are no translation string references, but actually it is visible on line 396 (see attached screenshot below)

that there is the popup string "Notify of new replies to this comment", but unfortunately the latter is not connected with the wpdiscuz-it_IT.po file, because it is part of the single translation language strings, which are internal to the plugin.

Currently this plugin is not multilingual for most of its subject areas, a real disappointment for my customers.

Check!

Share: