The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Replying to existin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Replying to existing posts - Showing users e-mail address instead of name

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@happymanuk)

I've just upgraded to the latest version to test and when looking through posts I can see that when a user replies to a post in with their reply it quotes:

"Reply to someonesemail@gmail.com 7 days ago" before their comment.

The original post shows that persons display name correctly (not their e-mail address).

Is there a setting to change for this? - It is happening with many users.  I've had to roll back to the previous version of wpdiscuz.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @happymanuk

It seems the comment author filled the email address instead of filling the name in the "Name" field. 

You can find the comment and edit the comment author information from the Dashboard > Comments admin page. 

Topic starter
(@happymanuk)

Thanks for the reply. 

This isn't just one or two comments, it is the majority of them.  Also if they had done that wouldn't their original comment show that too, not just on replies?? 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

ok @happymanuk,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

Topic starter
(@happymanuk)

I've got to the bottom of this.  Although I'm not sure why it displays differently with wpDiscuz 5.3.5 compared to wpDiscuz 7 ?

Looking at the accounts affected, the individual users have their Wordpress user account set with their e-mail address as 'Display name publicly as'.

I could manually change this for every user but there are thousands.

Any suggestions on why even though this is set, it doesn't show like that in version 5.3.5, and any suggestions on a bulk method to change these ?

Thanks

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@happymanuk,

I'd suggest you check out the following plugin.It may help you to solve the issue: https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-first-last/

Topic starter
(@happymanuk)

Thank you - I will take a look.

Out of interest though, what has changed between the older version and newer versions for it to display differently ?

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@happymanuk,

A lot of changes were made in a new version of the plugin. As you can see we've added a lot of new functions, features, etc. 

Anyway, you can downgrade and use the oldest of the plugin version if you want.

(@happymanuk)

@asti

Thanks for the reply.  I was meaning specifically in regards to the way the names are displayed, what had changed between the older version and newer versions?

Share: