Clear all

[Solved] Rating Field Not Working

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dmiau)

Hi,

i'm receiving the following error, regarding the Rating filed: https://imgur.com/a/9neFhXc

Once the rating field is active for a comment I can not edit the comment without the above error being thrown. I can edit the comment ongoing, many times, if the rating field is left empty.

If the rating field is the issue, are you able to provide some css that I can add that will style a default radio button field like the rating field? I believe your rating field is largely that anyways, perhaps this will be a suitable workaround for me. To confirm, there are no errors when I use the default radio buttons field and I seem to be able to edit the comments ongoing.

for additional info of what i have tried to no avail so far please see this thread: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-there-a-way-to-fully-remove-this-plugin-and-its-data/

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@dmiau,

We don't find such an issue on your test websites. could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue. 

Topic starter
(@dmiau)

Hi asti,

Is there a way to resolve this without admin access?

Thanks.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dmiau,

As far as I've already mentioned this is something specific on your website. It'll be very difficult to help you without admin accesses. 

Topic starter
(@dmiau)

Hi Asti,

I'm still having this exact same issue with a number of different sites, which use a variety of themes. The error is consistent every time. I can give you a wp-login to a staging site if you'd like to troubleshoot, however, I'm not too keen on giving the login info to the generic email you supplied as I'm sure you can understand. Can you have someone from your team contact me directly at kieran[ a t  ]digitalmarketinginsights.com.au, please?

thanks.   

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dmiau,

The issue is fixed on your staging website. Please follow the steps below to fix it on your main website.

1. Open the wpdiscuz/forms/wpdFormAttr/Form.php file

2. Replace the codes from the 262-263 lines with the following one: 

$postID = $comment->comment_post_ID;
if (!(class_exists("WooCommerce") && get_post_type($postID) === "product") && $oldCommentRating && $commentApproved === "1") {

The changes will be implemented in the next version of the wpDiscuz plugin as well.

Topic starter
(@dmiau)

Legends - thank you!

Share: