Ratings doesn't upd...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Ratings doesn't update  

BLOmiG
Topic starter
(@blomig)

Hello, your plugin is great, i love it. I'm certainly doing something wrong, but i looked in the forum and didn't find the answer. 

I am showing posts ratings "after the content", and it shows up nicely, BUT it doesn't update when i enter a rating. How can i solve this issue ? thanks a lot

my site is here https://blomig.com

Topic Tags
21 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Support Team

Tahkn you @blomig,

That's a simple cache issue. Please reset and delete all kind of caches you have.

3 Replies
BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@tomson thanks for your answer. I already did that, and it's still not working. Maybe it has something to do with my host Dreamhost : i have a caching stuff on their side (not only in my wordpress plugins)... ?

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

I've checked my cache settings, purge the cache, etc. Still not working. My only caching stuff are on Dreamhost side. 

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@tomson i've tried everything, and it's still not working. I also tried as a guest (not connected to wordpress), same result. So my question is can i not show ratings (as they are not working for some reason on my site) ?

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Support Team

Hi @blomig,

Please wait for the upcoming 7.0.2 version. We've added cache deleting function on new rate process. So it should fix the issue.

In the meantime could you please provide a full list of plugins you use and the cache solutions you use.

12 Replies
Alina
(@alina)

Hi @blomig,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address.I'll ask the developers to check it for you.

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@alina what admin login details ? to my wordpress backoffice ? 

Alina
(@alina)

@blomig,

The admin accesses on your website.

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@tomson my caching solution is on Dreampress (dreamhost side) with a plugin on wordpress called "Proxy cache purge". My other plugins are : 

• Askimet
  • Quotes collection
  • Fast Velocity Minify
  • Featured image in RSS for mailchimp
  • Google Fonts Pro
  • Jetpack (not for the comments)
  • Simple yearly archive
  • site kit by google
  • wpDiscuz:)
  • YOAST seo
  • YOP poll
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Support Team

@blomig,

Please update to 7.0.2, then do Proxy cache purge, then delete the Fast Velocity Minify cache. It would be better to disable the Fast Velocity Minify during the test.

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@tomson i am allready on 7.0.2, i disabled Fast Velocity Minify, then purged the Cache, and tested. Still not working... 🙁

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Support Team

@blomig,

Could you please send admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? We can't find such issue in our test websites. We need to check your example through the dashboard.

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@tomson i'm sorry for my late answer. I'm was a little bit afraid to give my admin login details of my website. I will send this information today. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Support member

@blomig,

Please execute this SQL query in phpMyAdmin database manager SQL Tab. You can install phpMyAdmin plugin, or use your Hosting Service cPanel > phpMyAdmin Database Manager > Your website Database > SQL Tab:

CREATE TABLE `wp_wc_feedback_forms` (`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `post_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `unique_id` VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL, `question` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `opened` TINYINT(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `content` LONGTEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), UNIQUE KEY `unique_id` (`unique_id`), KEY `post_id` (`post_id`));CREATE TABLE `wp_wc_users_rated` (`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `post_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `user_id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, `user_ip` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `rating` int(11) NOT NULL, `date` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `post_id` (`post_id`), KEY `user_id` (`user_id`));

Don't forget delete all kind of caches again (plugin cache, CDN, minifier, optimizer). And refresh you browser pressing Ctrl+F5 to reset browser cache too.

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@asti Hello, thanks for your answer. I'm quite surprised by your answer. In fact, i'm not skilled enough to do that, but above all it seems to me that if a Table has to be created, it should be created by your plugin ? If i create this table myself, how the plugin is going to work with it ? 

I think i would prefer that your next release fixes the bug on my side. Is that a problem if do like that ? 

AeroStar
(@aerostar)

Trusted Member

@blomig,

Hi there! We also have the same issue. Not a biggie for us. Do you have access to your cPanel?

Since gVectors reviewed your website (back-end) they are probably trying to provide you with a solution ahead of their next update.

Installing/reinstalling above tables is actually quite easy. I can guide you, but you need to let me know if you have access to cPanel.

Cheers!

BLOmiG
(@blomig)

@aerostar thanks a lot for your proposition. I'm not in such hurry. I will wait for the next update. There's no critical issue here. thanks ! 

AeroStar
(@aerostar)
Trusted Member

We have the same problem. When we rate a post, it does not update immediately. It only updates after we do the following: clear cache (plugin and browsers), close browser, then open the page/blog again. 

Mmm, not a big issue since the Article Rating does appear later, just not "instantly" which would be most desirable.

Thanks for a great plugin!

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Support Team

@aerostar,

What cache plugin do you use? The upcoming version is already adapted for most popular cache plugins, so this issue should be fixed in 90% cases.

AeroStar
(@aerostar)
Trusted Member

@tom,

We use SG Optimizer, WP Rocket, and Cloudflare.

Note: SG Optmizer and WP Rocket settings do not overlap.

Not an expert, but perhaps the issue is related to Dynamic Caching?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Support Team

@aerostar

Ok, thank you for the information. The WP Rocket is included in our fix for the next update.

Share: