Clear all

Article Rating CTA and translations

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@karel)

Hello,

I am not sure that your current version of Article Rating and stars is best. That is simply a statement but there is no Call to Action for readers to vote. There should be clearly visible something like Rate the Article! Or anything else motivating them to rate it. Right now nobody even knows that they can click the stars so nobody is using it. This is quite a big design issue.

Also if you hover over 0 in the circle, it just shows 0 vote. At first I thought that I must click it because it tells me Vote! and not zero vote, if you understand. If there are zero votes then it should not be showing at all. It is not possible to vote 0, only 1 to 5 so it is useless and confusing.

And it should be possible to vote again. Because when a guest votes or missclick, he cannot vote again and that can also lead to wrong rating very easily. It should be based on cookies or something.

And that leads to another problem, I am using Loco translation and no matter what I do, I am not able to translate the "Article Rating" to something else. POT or MO files, clearing cache, there is still the original version. Use Plugin .PO/.MO Files option is enabled. Where do you save the translation? Where does it have to be? We tried directly the plugin folder.

Thanks.

Karel

3 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @karel

I am not sure that your current version of Article Rating and stars is best. That is simply a statement but there is no Call to Action for readers to vote. There should be clearly visible something like Rate the Article! Or anything else motivating them to rate it. Right now nobody even knows that they can click the stars so nobody is using it. This is quite a big design issue.

Please see our demo page: https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/

wpDiscuz Post and Comment Rating

We got 139 rate during last few weeks. If a user want to rate, in most cases he/she will search for a button moving mouse over the rating. So the stars will blink with the gray and yellow colors to let them rate. And, yes, we're going to investigate better ways and improve the UX in the near future.

Posted by: @karel

And that leads to another problem, I am using Loco translation and no matter what I do, I am not able to translate the "Article Rating" to something else. POT or MO files, clearing cache, there is still the original version. Use Plugin .PO/.MO Files option is enabled. Where do you save the translation? Where does it have to be? We tried directly the plugin folder.

You should have different comment form for each language, so the Article Rating phrase will be different to. Please read the documentation to create language specific comment form with correct phrases and labels: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-settings/#language

Topic starter
(@karel)

Okey. And is it possible to see somewhere in a dashboard what posts were rated? We have around 9k posts and of course, it would be nice to see where the rating was used...

1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@karel,

We're working on it. We'll add the rating information on the post list in backend soon.

Share: