Query Strings being...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Query Strings being added to the ends of avatar images after update causing webp loading conflicts

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@warcouncilgaming)

After the latest WP Discuz update it appears that the UltimateMember avatars in comment sections now have query strings attached to the end, for example avatar.gif?52356677435.

This seems to be the most likely cause of why StackPath CDN and ShortPixel cannot properly serve the avatars in webp, as they are not seen as images in the first place. ShortPixel techs stated they feel that's probably why it's happening.

Is there any way to remove the query strings? Whatever it is even bypasses Wordpress Rocket's string removal on statics, so I'm confused as to how it's even happening.

You can see this in action here: https://warcouncilgaming.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-remake-review/

And it'll look something like this in the console:

Request URL:
?1590885967

To my knowledge, UltimateMember has not had an update post the latest WP Discuz update, which is why I suspect it's WP Discuz. If you feel that it may be UM, just let me know!

Thanks so much!

EDIT: Hahaha I didn't mean the image to show up in that example, my apologies! Didn't think the editor would post that.

Topic Tags
2 Replies
Topic starter
(@warcouncilgaming)

Update!

It was in fact UltimateMember's avatar caching functionality that we were able to disable.

WP Discuz doesn't have anything to do with it.

Sorry for the confusion!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved. 

Share: