The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Automatically creat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question Automatically create a gallery from uploaded media

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@paul-hill)

Hi. I'm trying to set up a user art and photo review page on my site. It's for a small group of users on a private website. I needed a relatively easy way for the users to be able to upload their media and allow others to comment. A full forum seemed too complicated so I was hoping wpDiscuz would work well.

The uploading and discussion are taken care of by the plugin. However, it would be nice if all the media could also be displayed in a separate gallery for easy viewing.

Do you know if there is any way to achieve something like that?

I can see in the WordPress Media Library that the uploaded media from wpDiscuz can be filtered. I wondered if there was a gallery plugin that could display these items on a page. I found a plugin called WP Auto Grid that can scan a folder on the server and automatically displays the contents. It looks like it needs to be pointed at a specific folder. As far as I can see, anything uploaded via wpDiscuz goes into the same folder as all the other uploads from the rest of the website. So pointing WP Auto Grid at that would mean all the website media would be displayed, not just the items from wpDiscuz.

Any ideas or possible solutions? Thanks.

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi Paul Hill,

We may suggest you get the wpDiscuz images via the database

meta_key =_wmu_comment_id

1 Reply
(@paul-hill)

@asti Thanks for the suggestion. I'll contact one of the gallery plugin developers to see if it's possible to use the meta key data to build a gallery from the media library.

Share: