Subscribe is not wo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Subscribe is not working for ordinary users, commenters, and site readers who do not have to register

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@art-idols)

I am failing to understand the role of subscribe. You must register before attempting to subscribe to be notified of new comments or who has responded. Because I as a new user or I like the site I am seeing, I do not need to register to use subscribe because subscribe itself is like a registration form that sets the email address. In my case I have removed the registration link for simple users / commenters who read or view my site. Because the link led to the wordpress login page and despite the editing I did not want them to register, it is enough for them to comment and on the other hand to use subscribe the moment they want to be notified for new comments or replies. But what I explained above subscribe does not work for my site for new readers even they had write any comment or nothing but want to subcribe for new folloew ups or for new comments on the site. But it works only if I as the site administrator log in to wordpress and am customizing the dashboard and do notify or ..follow up and do sub without setting email address. But I do not want to work when I as an administrator I am logged  in. I want subscribe to work for new users or readers just when they have to register or have just commented once on the site or do not comment at all but I want to subscribe for new comments and just enter the address email that is required, but it does not work. It doesht work for them! Why does this subscribe only for the roles it registers, I do not understand why the simple reader who will not register because I did not leave the log in link because in my opinion there is no need to register, he just comments once and in addition to commenting who works fine he will subscribe to new comments but as a reader, simple commenter even though he has no role even as an administrator or editor just reader or isnt registered before in a log in link he only had put his address to subscribe, accept the terms and wants to subscribe , he does not need to register but sets subscribe and email address to subscribe and error appears : that can not be sent email.

For these category for readers who want to subscribe even they have commented before or has not commented an error is generating: A problem in adress email, it is not sent.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

Please note that is normal for wpDiscuz to subscribe to comments without registration. This is wpDiscuz working logic. 

Also if the subscription confirmation is enabled, the users must confirm to get the subscription email. 

Please read this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/subscription-and-user-following/

Topic starter
(@art-idols)

The readers who want to subscribe cant subribe. They are getting an error: The email is not sent or an email error is found. 

Is there any problem with my email, or new readers can't subscribe without registration or comment before. I have configured also my mail with my gmail account. 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@art-idols,

Could you please check out this FAQ: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/wpdiscuz-subscription-and-email-notification-dont-work/

Share: