Clear all

Shortcodes & Widgets

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@aaronmckeon)
Trusted Member

Is there a page somewhere in your documentation that just lists all of the wpDiscuz shortcodes?  I can't seem to find one.

Is it possible to add a wpDiscuz widget directly into pages or must it go into the theme's widget area?

Thanks.

-- Aaron

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi Aaron,

wpDiscuz shortcode can be found here:

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/wpdiscuz-shortcode/

wpDiscuz is being loaded via the <?php comments_template() ?> WordPress template function. You can change the position in theme template files. 

4 Replies
(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Thanks for the reply.  So are there no built-in shortcodes that come with wpDiscuz?  Regarding the placement of the widget, I was not referring to the main comments section (although your response on that was very helpful!), but was referring to the widgets that come with the "wpDiscuz Widgets" extension.  I would like to put some of these widgets (e.g. "Most Voted Comments") inside of content on the website, not just in a sidebar.  Is this possible?

-- Aaron

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for your clarification, Aaron. I'm really sorry, but the wpDiscuz Widget doesn't have a shortcode. 

(@aaronmckeon)

Trusted Member

@asti Okay, so to be sure - there is NO way to display wpDiscuz widgets anywhere except in a sidebar or other theme-based widget area??

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@aaronmckeon,

I'm sorry, but there is no way to display wpDiscuz Widgets on another part of the website. It's designed to be shown only on the sidebar. 

Share: