The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Importing votes

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@powcom)
Eminent Member

Hi all - We've been happily running wpDiscuz for some time and have quite a number of votes stored within the wp_wc_users_voted table.

We now want to bring in the votes from our old voting system into wpDiscuz. 

We've compared the structure of old table to the wp_Discuz one and the conversion of the data seems pretty simple.

The one question we had - As there are already a number of records within our wp_wc_users_voted table, will there any issue with us adding the old vote information at the end of the wp_wc_users_voted table?

ie Will it matter that the old voting records from last year are being stored in the most recent part of the wpDiscuz table?  

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @powcom,

The one question we had - As there are already a number of records within our wp_wc_users_voted table, will there any issue with us adding the old vote information at the end of the wp_wc_users_voted table?

No, you'll not get any issues. However, you'll need to update the date in the comment_meta table ( meta key is wpdiscuz_votes).

Then navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Tools admin page, click on the "Regenerate Comments' Data" link. It'll open the new tools. You'll need to click on the "Regenerate Vote Metas" button.

Topic starter
(@powcom)
Eminent Member

Many thanks for the reply Asti. Great news that importing old votes won't be an issue. 

So I understand fully what you're saying, in the wp_commentmeta table, each comment that has had votes cast on it has a running total of those votes stored in meta_key / wpdiscuz_votes against its comment_id?

BUT I don't need to go and generate the correct value in that meta_key / wpdiscuz_votes, as you've programmed a "Regenerate Comments' Data" link that will do this totalling for me?

(Just want to double check, to make sure I don't do something wrong! 😀 )

Share: