The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Ban user from comme...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Ban user from comments

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@devilz)

Hi, 

I have been notified that I have a user who is using the email address for someone else for commenting in wpDiscuz plugin on WordPress. This has come up because the owner of the email address gets notified per mail of any comment that the guy using his address posts. So, I have to stop that. 

Can I ban the username / email address from being used in wpDiscuz or is an entry in settings | discussion sufficient for that? Also, is there a way to stop commenters being notified about their comments by email? Thanks!

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @devilz,

Posted by: @devilz

This has come up because the owner of the email address gets notified per mail of any comment that the guy using his address posts.

Please note the users get email notification by wpDiscuz side if they are subscribed to the post, all their comments, and to some comment. No way to get the email notification if someone uses his/her email address and posts a comment. 

Can I ban the username / email address from being used in wpDiscuz or is an entry in settings | discussion sufficient for that?     

Yes, you should enter the email address in the "Comment Blocklist" section. 

Also, is there a way to stop commenters being notified about their comments by email?

The users should unsubscribe in the "My Content and Settings" section. More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/privacy-and-gdpr/right-to-restrict-processing/

Topic starter
(@devilz)

Thank you for your response. Maybe there is a misunderstanding on my side. you say:

Please note the users get email notification by wpDiscuz side if they are subscribed to the post, all their comments, and to some comment. No way to get the email notification if someone uses his/her email address and posts a comment.

In this case, the perpetrator using a hacked e-mail-address seems to have subscribed to a post and so the owner of the address gets notified of comments the perpetrator makes.

The users should unsubscribe in the "My Content and Settings" section. More info here:

As in this case the user is the perpetrator, there is no way I can force that!?

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@devilz,

As in this case the user is the perpetrator, there is no way I can force that!?

We may suggest you check out the wpDiscuz Subscription Manager addon. This addon allows you to monitor and manage all subscribers in the Dashboard. More info here: https://gvectors.com/product/wpdiscuz-subscribe-manager/

If you have the issue only with this user, we may suggest you use the SQL code below.

You should execute the SQL in Hosting Service cPanel > phpMyAdmin Database Manager > Your website Database > SQL Tab:

DELETE FROM `wp_wc_comments_subscription` WHERE `email` = 'example@example.com'

Important notices below: 

1. the wp_ is just a prefix, in your case, it can differ. 

2. The example@example.com should be replaced with the current user email address. 

(@devilz)

@asti

Thanks again for the quick and helpful response.

Share: