The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How to show usernam...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to show username instead the display name of the user in live commenting bubble.

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@nalin_duminda)
Eminent Member

How can I change the User's Name in to his/her Username?

Please note I dont want to change the display name from the user profile, this need to be done from the plugin end probably from the code.

if you can give me the code snippet with the file name and the code line I can manage.

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@nalin_duminda,

We're really sorry, but there is not an easy solution we can provide you. 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

There is the following hook, however it doesn't work in case of bubble notifications. We'll change the logic and make the hook work in case of bubble notifications as well in the next version.

wpdiscuz_comment_author
Topic starter
(@nalin_duminda)
Eminent Member

Thanks, When will the next version available? and will I be able to change the user's name in to Username with that version?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nalin_duminda,

When will the next version available?

We cannot provide any ETA yet. 

When will the next version available?

Using the wpdiscuz_comment_author hook, you'll be able to change the display names of the users in the bubble notification section. 

More info about the hook you can find here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/codex/filters/wpdiscuz_comment_author/

Topic starter
(@nalin_duminda)
Eminent Member

Hi,

Just rechecking if you'll have released a new version with enabling user name as the commentor name instead the real name.

I couldn't figure out the code snippet you provided, if you can help here highly appreciated.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nalin_duminda,

The new version is not ready yet. I'll update this topic once I get some news for you. 

(@mohdlatt)

Any update ?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mohdlatt,

The changes were already included in the wpDiscuz. 

Share: