The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How to override the...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to override theme comments?

16 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

Howdy,

I have installed wpDiscuz with the addon Private Comments on my website. Only problem is my theme has it's own comment form for listing pages that I can't override. See screenshot #1 below. How can I override this? I have already enabled wpDiscuz for this post type.

Thanks!

Screenshot 7
15 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@superdorx,

Please check the rest of the points mentioned in this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

I went through all the points in the link you provided and I can confirm everything is setup. This post type already had comments integrated as you can see from my previous screenshot. Here is an example page here https://www.thewinecellars.ca/place/peller-estates/. Is there any further guides to assist me?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@superdorx,

Are you sure the <?php comments_template() ?> WordPress function exists in the template files? 

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address, I'll ask the developers to check the issue. 

Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

I emailed the login details. Thanks 🙂 

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@superdorx,

You should contact the theme support and ask them to use the <?php comments_template() ?> WordPress function exists in the template files. wpDiscuz can’t be loaded without the function. 

Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

Will the support team that I emailed the admin login be able to do this for me?

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@superdorx,

It'd be better if you contact theme developers with this. 

(@superdorx)

Eminent Member

@asti

Thanks but I figured it out myself. There seems to be a new issue now. See my notes below. The support has logged in as admin on 3 separate times. Not sure what was done but I think it causes my posted comments to disappear. I didn't change anything.

Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

I think I figured it out. I inserted <?php comments_template() ?> it into one of the template files and I see it now. BUT there is an issue. The comments are now showing. Event after page refresh. See screenshot attached.

Screenshot 8

Topic starter
(@superdorx)
Eminent Member

I think your support team changed something. That's why it's not showing the posted comments. I just checked the blog post where it was working and same issue there. Can they revert changes please?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@superdorx, 

We're really sorry, but we changed nothing. We've just logged in to see if the function exists or not. Nothing else. 

Page 1 / 2
Share: