How can I format co...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How can I format comment notification emails to users differently?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@intellicoach)

Hello Team, is there a way to change the formatting of comment notification emails that are sent to wordpress users? I am not sure whether this is wpdiscuz functionality or wordpress. If it's the latter, what would be your recommendation? 

Right now, it seems quite hard to read; big block of text with links and it even includes the IP it seems.

Thank you!

Maik 

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

All wpDiscuz emails could be found and customized in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > phrases > Emails admin page. 

Topic starter
(@intellicoach)

Thank you! I did not expect that behind 'phrases'. I had a look and I like the templates.

However, something seems wrong in my case. The actual emails I get look very different and don't seem to apply the template.

20210712 email notifications

Is there something I am possibly missing?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

This is a not the wpDiscuz email template. Just compare the content with the content filled in the wpDiscuz Emails section. 

This is the default WordPress email. It comes from the "Email me whenever anyone posts a comment" option. It's located in the Dashboard > Settings > Discussions admin page. 

Topic starter
(@intellicoach)

Great, thank you! That's the piece I was missing. I saw and can confirm that emails are now sent properly!

Share: