The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comment form/Commen...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Comment form/Comments not showing when logged out

20 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kweber)

Hello! I love the wpdiscuz plugin, but it does not seem to be working properly on my site. It shows up at the bottom of pages when logged in, but not when you are logged out. I have the setting marked to allow guests to comment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

19 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@kweber,

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue. Also leave a screenshot of the "Allow guests to comment" section. 

Topic starter
(@kweber)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Here is a link to the page that it should be showing on: http://tvfresourcecenter.wordpress-prod-linode-7.imavex.net/article/fiber-types-and-traits/

Attached are two screenshots. One shows the settings to show for guests and the other shows the section showing when you are logged in.

CommentsLoggedIn
Settings

11 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@kweber,

It seems the comments_template function is not called for guests. I may suggest you to deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker.

Also check the settings of the LearnDash plugin, probably there is also some setting that hides the comments from guests. 

(@kweber)

@asti I was able to get the comments section to show at the bottom of the page, but now it doesn't show the comments. I can see on the example page below that there are two comments, but I can't see the comments. They have been approved on the backend.

http://tvfresourcecenter.wordpress-prod-linode-7.imavex.net/article/cotton-grades/

Thanks,

Kristen

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@kweber,

Please disable the focus mode of Learndash plugin and check again. 

(@kweber)

@asti Removing the focus mode did work, but I need that on. So is this a LearnDash problem then?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@kweber,

It'd be better if you contact the LearnDash plugin support with this issue. 

(@kweber)

@asti LearnDash pointed out that the comments show when the comment plugin is disabled. @ueharasuemi21 found that you can see the comments when you click on 'Newest' or 'Most Voted'. It seems its a problem or setting in wpdiscuz, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Could you please assist?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@kweber,

As I've already mentioned, you should contact the LearnDash plugin support with this issue. 

(@kweber)

@asti I have contacted them and they said the comments show when wpDiscuz is not activated, so they are saying the problem is with wpDiscuz (your third party comment plugin). I found this online ticket, where you asked Cassidy to send an email to your team. Were they able to help her resolve this issue?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@kweber,

The only thing we can suggest you is disabling the focus mode of Learndash plugin.

(@ueharasuemi21)

@kweber I can see the comments only if I click on Newest or Most Voted. Maybe if you check the configuration on this filter...

(@kweber)

@ueharasuemi21 Thank you. I am not seeing any settings that would enable them to show or that would have the "newest" posts show first.

(@ueharasuemi21)

Hi @kweber! I'm having the same issue. Could you find a solution?

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ueharasuemi21,

Have you deactivated the plugins/theme? 

(@ueharasuemi21)

@asti Hi. I'm going to try that. Thanks!

(@kweber)

@ueharasuemi21 I did find a solution. I had to add some code to the functions.php file, but it had to do with LearnDash. If you do not have LearnDash, then the function would not work for you.

add_filter(
'learndash_focus_mode_can_view_comments',
function( $can_view_comments = false ) {
if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) {

// Alternate example check the course price type. If 'open' allow comments.
$course_id = learndash_get_course_id();
if ( ! empty( $course_id ) ) {
$course_price_type = learndash_get_setting( $course_id, 'course_price_type' );
if ( 'open' === $course_price_type ) {
$can_view_comments = true;
}
}
}

// Always return $can_view_comments.
return $can_view_comments;
},
);

(@ueharasuemi21)

@kweber I'm not using LearnDash but thanks for the reply!

Topic starter
(@kweber)

If anyone else is having this problem, what I finally found that worked for me was going to 'Comment Thread Displaying' in the settings and under 'Comment List Loading Type' changing it to 'Initiate AJAX loading after page'. Hope this helps, for I spent way too much time on this debugging with no help from wpDiscuz!

Share: