The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comments Aren't Dis...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Comments Aren't Displayed

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@cassidybrynn1)

Hello! I'm a huge fan of WPDiscuz, but lately I've been having some issues with comments not displaying. It appears as though the comments don't show until the reader comments? I've gone through all of the settings and can't seem to figure out why. I would like all of the comments to load, and then load as lazy scroll. I don't want the user to have to click anything to read them. 

I have comments on this page so you can see what it looks like now: https://www.hippieonholiday.com/advanced-keyword-research-training/

Thanks!

Topic Tags
11 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@cassidybrynn1,

Please deactivate the cache plugin and check again. Let us know if the cache plugin caused the issue. 

Topic starter
(@cassidybrynn1)

Hello, 

I went ahead and deactivated my caching plugin. The issue is still persisting, no change. 

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cassidybrynn1,

Then you'll need to deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. 

Please keep the cache plugin deactivated in the testing process.

(@cassidybrynn1)

@asti The thing is I actually just moved to a new site and already activated the plugins 1 by 1. I will try again starting with WP Discuz now... 

With ALL other plugins deactivated the issue with the comments persists. 

Topic starter
(@cassidybrynn1)

I tried changing it from lazyload to "view comments" and the view comments button still won't make the comments appear. The only way I can get comments to appear is by clicking the "oldest" or "newest" sort setting.

Topic starter
(@cassidybrynn1)

Also, I love the inline commenting feature but hate the "Read More" that appears over the comment. Is there a way to disable this?

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@cassidybrynn1,

You can use the CSS code below:

#wpdcom .wpd-comment-text .wpd-inline-feedback-wrapper {
display: none;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again.

Please don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking.

Regarding the first question. Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

(@cassidybrynn1)

@asti

Thanks for that code! Definitely looks a lot nicer. 

Sending the email now. Thank you for helping me fix this!

(@kweber)

@cassidybrynn1 Were you able to resolve the issue of the comments not showing until you clicked on the sort settings? I am having that same problem and Asti is telling me it's not a problem with their plugin. Thanks for any help you can provide!

(@stanbrid)
Eminent Member

Where do you find Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS"?  I can't find Top Admin Bar anywhere in the settings UI

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member
Share: