Clear all

[Solved] Can't comment or rate articles

9 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jojo77)

Hello,

I tried to comment on a post and rate the article, but when I click on the stars rating or when I click Post comment, it's as if nothing happens. I have the 4 progress bar showing in the top right corner for 1 second, but my rating isn't taken into account and my comment isn't posted. (Note: I did this while being log out of my wordpress account, to pretend I was a new reader).

Can you please help?

8 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue. 

3 Replies
(@jojo77)

@asti here is a example (test) URL : https://frenchscope.com/test2/

FYI guest commenting and article rating are allowed in wpdiscuz settings. Comments need to be at least 10 characters.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jojo77,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > General Settings admin page, disable the following two options, delete all kind of caches (website, wpDsicuz) and let us know:

• Combine JS and CSS Files to Optimize Page Loading Speed
  • Minify JS and CSS Files to Optimize Page Loading Speed
(@jojo77)

@asti Hello, I did as you asked, but it didn't fix the issue. Do you know what else I can try?

(@hai991dk)
Eminent Member

ame my problem. Guests can comment, but they cannot comment once they are logged in/including admin. I get a red message box in the upper right corner of the screen that says "nonce is invalid". 

I tried disabling all other plugins, removing/re-installing wpdiscuzz, but it still doesn't work. I tried installing wpdiscuz version. 7.3.1 --> 7.3.3, luckily, it worked. Currently I'm still using version 7.3.3 as a temporary workaround.

3 Replies
(@jojo77)

@hai991dk I tried rolling back to 7.3.3 but it changed nothing. I don't have any "nonce is invalid" on my side. It's just that nothing happens. I went back to the 7.3.4 for now, waiting for a reply from support.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jojo77,

The issue in your case is different. The wpdiscuz.ajax is blocked and you can't post comments.  

Please try to enable the "Use WordPress native AJAX functions" option, delete all kinds of caches (website, wpDiscuz, browser) and check again. 

The option is located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > General Settings tab. More info here:  https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/general-settings/#use-wordpress-native-ajax-functions

(@jojo77)

@asti Many thanks Asti! Enabling "Use WordPress native AJAX functions" fixed the issue 🙂

Share: