30 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
 NVK
Topic starter
(@nvk)
Eminent Member

Hello Wpdiscuz team,

Yesterday it was pointed out to me that the rating of the articles no longer worked properly, the loading is infinite. While searching in the console, I found the error attached in screenshot. I don't know if it's since I switched to the Ezoic advertising network or if it has nothing to do ... When in doubt, I put a cache exclusion rule, but still nothing...

Thanks in advance for the help

Capture

Website URL
29 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > General Settings admin page, disable the following two options, delete all kinds of caches (website, wpDsicuz) and let us know:

• Combine JS and CSS Files to Optimize Page Loading Speed
  • Minify JS and CSS Files to Optimize Page Loading Speed

Please don't forget to delete all kinds of caches before letting me know. 

NVK
Topic starter
(@nvk)
Eminent Member

Super fast response 😌 👍 It's done, there are no more errors and it no longer loads infinitely, but the rating is not displayed

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

This kind of issue is usually caused by either conflict with other plugins or the active theme.

Please deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find the problem maker.

Keep the cache plugin (if you have) deactivated during this testing process.

Don't forget to press Ctrl+F5(twice) on the frontend each time before checking. 

NVK
Topic starter
(@nvk)
Eminent Member

While doing some research, I noticed that it was the same on another site. Yet he seems to have set up WPDISCUZ quite recently. Apart from Leap directly integrated with Ezoic, I don't see which plugin could cause a conflict but I will try, thank you.

25 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Please keep us informed. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti As soon as I clear the cache, the ratings are displayed, it's that it comes from the cache right?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

To make sure, deactivate the cache plugin and check again. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti That's right, so how to put an exclusion rule for WPDISCUZ?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Which cache plugin are you using? try to exclude the whole wpDiscuz plugin from the plugin settings. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti Leap is directly integrated with ezoic. Basically, it gives what we see on the captures, but I don't know what the path to WPD is.

Capture2
Capture

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

I'm going to ask the developers and get back to you asap. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Try to exclude the following path: /wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/assets/* 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti It's not working 😕  Yesterday I tried several similar paths, but nothing...

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

probably you can contact ezoic support and ask them to provide the right way to exclude the files.

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti I'll do that, I'll keep you informed

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti

The problem has still not been solved and besides I just saw that it doesn't work either on the ratings of comments while that I am sure it worked perfectly just a week ago and I already had Ezoic, weird... 😦 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

For comment ratings it's good actually I just disabled ajax wordpress and it didn't work... On the other hand the rating of the article it remains a mystery 🧐 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Have you contacted Ezoic support? Do they provide a solution to exclude the wpDiscuz files? 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti Yes, but they didn't give me any other paths to test. Is their conclusion...

"The plugin you're looking to use isn't going to instantly update if you're using Ezoic caching.
If excluding that path from the cache isn't working, then there's nothing more we can really do.

You'll need to make a decision, use that plugins immediate updates, or use Ezoic caching." 

"Sorry we couldn't get the two technologies to work together, it's one of those limitations of tech that happens on occasion."

Disappointed not to have found a solution, because wpdiscuz is still one of the most used comment plugins, just like Ezoic is one of the most used advertising networks. But I've been around, I don't see how to fix it. 😩 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. I'll ask the developers to check the issue. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti From my WordPress account or Ezoic ?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

WordPress dashboard admin accesses, please.  

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti it's good it's sent, and I disabled the security plugin so normally no problem logging in. Thank you very much for taking the time to correct this 👍

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

The developers will check the issue within 2-3 working days. I'll update this topic once I get a response from them. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti Perfect, thank you, have a great weekend

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

We've added the following code in your active theme functions.php file: 

/* wpDiscuz */
add_action('wpdiscuz_clean_post_cache', 'wpdiscuz_ezoic_clean_cache');
add_action('wpdiscuz_reset_comments_cache', 'wpdiscuz_ezoic_clean_cache');
add_action('wpdiscuz_reset_comments_extra_cache', 'wpdiscuz_ezoic_clean_cache');
function wpdiscuz_ezoic_clean_cache($post_id){
    if(class_exists('\Ezoic_Namespace\Ezoic_Cdn')){
        $ezoic = new \Ezoic_Namespace\Ezoic_Cdn();
        $c_post = get_post($post_id);
        $ezoic->ezoic_cdn_post_updated($post_id, $c_post, $c_post);
    }
}

Please delete all your device caches and check again. It should work fine. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti So I cleared the cache, there is better, just refresh the page to see the new rating. But it still doesn't work properly when displaying it right away, as if the page doesn't fully load when you click on a star. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nvk,

The code we've provided deletes the caches from the Ezoic plugins once the action takes place. We cannot provide other solutions. 

NVK
(@nvk)

Eminent Member

@asti It doesn't matter, thank you it's already better, I'll see how it progresses in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to fix the problem. All the best.

Share: