Clear all

Thrive Architect - Inline commenting has stopped appearing on pages/posts

19 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@johan)

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the Inline Comments. I have used "Thrive Architect" and "Learndash" to build my webpages and have recently installed your WpDiscuz plugin. It appears to be exactly what I need and I'm really happy. However, the little speech bubbles for the inline comments are no longer showing.

Everything was working at first, but now it's not. It will work if I go back to Wordpress Blocks and save the pages from there, but then all the formatting I did in Thrive is gone. 

I use unique codes. I have tried uninstalling my Wp Super Cache, and tried a bunch of things. Head-scratcher.

I used to be able to make the inline comments appear by putting them in either a text box or "Wordpress Content" box. Now, neither.

Here is an example of code I use (in a "Wordpress Content" box):

<div style="color: black;">[wpdiscuz-feedback id="blurb00007" question="Rewrite the excerpt" opened="0"]Read excerpt 1 and try to rewrite it using similar vocabulary.<br>You could try changing the sentence structure too.<br>The aim of this exercise is to make changes, but keep a similar overall meaning.<br><br>(Comments on all excerpts for all 5 exercises will appear at the end of the lesson. It will be helpful to see what other students do.)[/wpdiscuz-feedback]</div>

Can you assist me, please?

Many thanks.

P.S. On the webpage I shared with you, there are multiple instances of Inline comments that are supposed to appear after each example right after it says: "(Comments on all excerpts for all 5 exercises will appear at the end of the lesson. It will be helpful to see what other students do.)"

18 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@johan,

Could you please leave a screenshot of the feedback shortcode in the dashboard? 

Topic starter
(@johan)

Yes. Sorry, didn't realise code got stripped out. I've attached an image - hope it comes through. Like I say, every WpDiscuz code I use is unique. It was working fine for the first few days.

I've since discovered another issue. I've set the lessons so that guests can view them too, but no comments of any kind (wordpress or WpDiscuz) appear. When you click on the webpage I posted, you won't see any comments. So you have to login as a student.

Can I email you a student login? (Where would I send that?)

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

WpDiscuz Wordpress code

16 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Everything is working fine. Please watch this video:  https://www.screencast.com/t/MUqD9GdIv

We've tried both ways via shortcode and via the button. In both cases, it works fine. 

There is only one possible reason. The ID in the shortcode must contain not more than 10 symbols.  

(@johan)

@asti,

Hello there. Thank you for the video. You're right, when the page is in WP Editor blocks, the code works. However, I have constructed my website with Thrive Architect and it is no longer working there.

I have made a video of my own to try and explain what I mean a little better.

Thank you

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for the clarification @johan,

I've asked the developers to check the issue one more time. I'll update the topic soon. 

Regarding the issue with double comment forms, please read this FAQ (Point 3): https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/how-to-enable-wpdiscuz-on-learndash/

The issue with the z-index will be fixed, once you add the CSS code below: 

.wpd-inline-form-wrapper {
    z-index: 99999 !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again.

(@johan)

Hello @asti ,

Just a brief update regarding the 'Double comment forms' and 'Z-Index' issue. I inserted the two sets of code you mentioned and the two problems disappeared.

Fantastic! I didn't even ask for help for those and you were very attentive. Thank you - particularly for the duplicate form code. 

I await your reply from the developers for the 'main' issue. I hope it's not too much of a brain-teaser.

Thanks again

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Please compress/zip and attach the plugin here. We'll check and get back to you ASAP. We'll need to check it on our local test environment.

(@johan)

Hello @asti ,

I'm sorry, I don't understand. You want me to attach a plugin and send it to you? Which plugin would that be?

Just checking... You guys still have admin access to my website(?)

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Just checking... You guys still have admin access to my website(?)

Yes, we still have admin access to your website. However, we can't make any changes in your live website. 

You want me to attach a plugin and send it to you? Which plugin would that be?

I mean the Thrive Architect plugin. We'll check the compatibility of those two plugins on our test websites and let you know. 

(@johan)

Hey there @asti ,

I've tried attaching to this reply but a red message "File type not allowed" appears. I've also tried the info[at]gvectors email you mentioned previously. However, delivery has been rejected. Hmm...

Plan B. I've uploaded said zip file to a Google Drive folder. Please try downloading it from here. When you're done investigating, I'll just delete it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ycp9zQ35UJGlRRrfOpMBGO5qLOI2IRZr/view?usp=sharing

BTW, I haven't zipped the entire Thrive suite, just the visual editor as I have deactivated all the others to no avail.

Thank you

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Please approve the request sent by us. 

(@johan)

@asti ,

Done 🙂 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you @johan,

I'll update this topic once I get some news from the developers. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@johan,

Unfortunately, the plugin is paid and doesn't work without the liceses.

We have to ask you to create a dev/staging copy of your website in some sub-domain, make sure the problem exists and send admin details to us.

You can use Duplicator to create that site.

(@johan)

@asti ,

I've not quite managed to do exactly what you asked me, but I hope it's enough. I've created a subdomain at test.learnadvancedenglish.com with the same login details as you already have. I haven't copied over any of my content, but I have installed and licensed the Thrive Architect plugin (as well as WpDiscuz).

I've created another little video to show what I've done and perhaps make the problem a little clearer. It might prompt a few thoughts...(?)

Thank you,

Have a good weekend.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Dear Johan,

The developers have checked the issue. Please find the description of the issue below. 

The plugin saves the post content via AJAX, so the global post doesn't exist yet. The wpDiscuz function can't work in this case.

(@johan)

@asti 

Thank you for checking this for me. It's a shame, as I really like the plugin. Hopefully there will be some kind of solution in the future, though I have no idea how possible or time-consuming that might be - just wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks again and good luck to you and the team.

Share: