The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Pre-purchase questi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Pre-purchase questions not found anywhere...

11 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@zeroinfinity777)

I've a few pre-purchase questions.

1) So is wpDiscuz 5.3.5 (and Beta 7) free but the addons are not? Do any of the addons not
work in the new release?

2) Which version should I use 5.3.5 or 7? Should I stick with the more stable version?

3) I'm wanting to use the following addons:

-wpDiscuz Frontend Moderation
-wpDiscuz - Google reCAPTCHA
-wpDiscuz Private Comments
-Comments Censure PRO

In wpDiscuz 7 Beta 1 you cite the following:
8. Improved spam protection. Built-in Google reCAPTCHA version 2

Do I need the "wpDiscuz - Google reCAPTCHA" addon for version 7?

4) Someone posted in your forum (Recaptcha bug) an issue with the ReCaptcha plugin generator not
working about 5 days ago. Has this been fixed? Was this an issue with 5.3.5 or 7?

5) Frontend Moderation is the ONLY REASON I'm interested in this product. Is there anything I should know about with regards to the difference between 5.3.5 and 7?

Thanks

10 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @zeroinfinity777,

Please note that the wpDiscuz 5.x doesn't have future, because it'll be updated in a few weeks to the major 7.0.0 version. Avoiding wpDiscuz version 7 is not recommended, because the version 7 is the future of wpDiscuz and it brings lots of new features.

wpDiscuz 5.x and the wpDiscuz 7 are totally free. You can download and install the wpDisucz 7 Beta-7 version here: https://wpdiscuz.com/demo/

wpDiscuz 7 will be available in wordpress.org and in your Dashboard > Plugins admin page once we released the Stable 7.0.0 version. Current version is 7-Beta-7. The stable 7.0.0 release is planned in a few weeks (1-2).

Current wpDiscuz addons are compatible with wpDiscuz 5.x versions, but the next updates of all wpDiscuz addons will be compatible for wpDiscuz 7. So if you're going to use wpDiscuz 5.x till the update to wpDiscuz 7 you can buy current addons. Once wpDiscuz 7 is released you'll get all your purchased addon update at the same day, and all your addons will be compatible for wpDiscuz 7 automatically after the addons update.

If you're going to start with wpDiscuz 7, you should not buy addons, because you can't use them till the stable version of wpDiscuz 7 is not released. Current version of wpDiscuz 7 is the beta-7 version. Once we released the stable wpDiscuz 7.0.0 version you can buy the addons you want.

wpDiscuz 7 version will not include the Frontend Moderation addon features, so you can buy it without any worry.

wpDiscuz 7 has built-in Google reCAPTCHA v2 checkbox, if it will not satisfy you, you still can buy the wpDiscuz reCAPTCHA addon, because, the update of this addon for wpDiscuz 7 brings you Google reCAPTCHA v3 Invisible type. v3 Invisible reCAPTCHA is a new technology and it doesn't require users to click on checkbox and choose images on pop-up. This may annoy your visitors. But the v3 invisible works without any visible CAPTCHA actions. Read the differences between v2 Checkbox and v3 Invisible here: https://www.scorpiones.io/articles/the-difference-between-recaptcha-v2-and-v3

Are both wpDiscuz 5.3.5 & and Beta 7 free? Since you've incorporated all addon functionality (Frontend Moderation being the most important) into the Version 7 beta I don't need to purchase the one's I've listed above? How much will the final release 7 be?

Again, wpDiscuz is a free plugin, and will always be free, it doesn't matter what version you use. All wpDiscuz versions are free.

9 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

I removed old conversation because it was going to wrong way. Please read may answers above, it includes almost all your questions. If you have more questions, feel free to ask them.

Thank you.

(@zeroinfinity777)

@tomson

Thanks for the info Tom,

I'm a little confused by your comment.

"wpDiscuz 7 version will not include the Frontend Moderation addon features, so you can buy it without any worry."

What your'e recommending then is install 5.3.5 along with the Frontend Moderation addon if I want Frontend Moderation right now because currently Version 7 doesn't provide it AND the compatible Frontend Moderation addon isn't ready yet.

If I purchase the addon's and setup 5.3.5 to get the Frontend Moderation I'm looking for. I can update to Version 7 when the Frontend Moderation addon is finished for it. Until then just use the 5.3.5 setup.

And finally, there will be no addition charge for the addon upgrade(s) from 5.3.5 to 7.

Is this all correct?

Thanks

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@zeroinfinity777,

wpDiscuz 7 plugin will not include wpDiscuz Frontent Moderation Addon features. I mean the addon features will not be transferred to wpDiscuz core plugin, the addon feature will only be available in the addon. So to get the front-end moderation features, you should buy the addon.

And finally, there will be no addition charge for the addon upgrade(s) from 5.3.5 to 7.

There will not be an additional charge. You've already purchased the addon, so it doesn't matter what wpDiscuz version you use, the license will cover all those without extra payment (until it becomes expired in one year). More info in gvectors license agreement: https://gvectors.com/terms-and-conditions/#licenses

If I purchase the addon's and setup 5.3.5 to get the Frontend Moderation I'm looking for. I can update to Version 7 when the Frontend Moderation addon is finished for it. Until then just use the 5.3.5 setup.

Yes, the Frontend Moderation addon update for wpDiscuz 7 compatibility is not released yet. It'll be released on the same day when the wpDiscuz 7 stable version is released.

(@zeroinfinity777)

@tomson

Then since I need to set things up now I'll then use 5.3.5 with the Frontend Moderation addon and update later. I hope to push off updating as long as possible. How long could I push it? A year? More?

Is it a waste of money to purchase these additional addons then?:

-wpDiscuz - Google reCAPTCHA (is there a Version 7 update?)
-wpDiscuz Private Comments (is there a Version 7 update?)
-Comments Censure PRO (is there a Version 7 update?)

I was even thinking about just buying the $99 bundle but I think that many of the addons will no longer be needed for version 7. What do you think?

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@zeroinfinity777,

All addons are needed on wpDiscuz 7. Nothing is changed. There is no any addon which will be unnecessary for wpDiscuz 7. So if you see some addon is necessary for wpDiscuz 5.3.5, it's also necessary on wpDiscuz 7.

I recommend checking all addons and make sure what addon you need, because buying many addons together brings you more discount based on Sale Packs: https://gvectors.com/gvectors-store-discounts-sale-packs/

If you want more discount, you can buy the Addons Bundle, which discounts all 90% off.

Posted by: @zeroinfinity777

Is it a waste of money to purchase these additional addons then?:

-wpDiscuz - Google reCAPTCHA (is there a Version 7 update?)
-wpDiscuz Private Comments (is there a Version 7 update?)
-Comments Censure PRO (is there a Version 7 update?)

Definitely these addons are not waste of money. These addons (and all others) work for both 5 and 7 versions and bring you lots of very useful features for moderation and protection against spam.

(@zeroinfinity777)

@tomson

Thanks Tom for the info. I'm ready to commit and jump in. Two last questions.

1) How long could I push avoiding the Version 7 update? A year? More? I'd rather wait as long as possible for bug fixes, etc. Plus there's a hassle redoing the reinstall/settings a second time.

2) If I buy the bundle and only use say 4 or 5 of the addons - upon renewal time can I just renew the one's I end up using or do I have to renew whole bundle? If I have to renew the whole bundle then I'd just get the 4 or 5 I'm likely to use.

3) Would the "Unlimited Site License" still then apply to the 4 or 5 I chose out of the "wpDiscuz Addons Bundle" or is it in order to maintain the unlimited site license status I have to renew the whole bundle?

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@zeroinfinity777,

1) How long could I push avoiding the Version 7 update? A year? More? I'd rather wait as long as possible for bug fixes, etc. Plus there's a hassle redoing the reinstall/settings a second time.

The stable version of wpDiscuz 7 will be released in 1-2 weeks. It's very close. You can't avoid it for so long time. It's getting closer and you'll update it very soon.

2) If I buy the bundle and only use say 4 or 5 of the addons - upon renewal time can I just renew the one's I end up using or do I have to renew whole bundle? If I have to renew the whole bundle then I'd just get the 4 or 5 I'm likely to use.

it doesn't matter you use addons or not, the license will be expired in 365 days and you should renew them if you need new version updates.

3) Would the "Unlimited Site License" still then apply to the 4 or 5 I chose out of the "wpDiscuz Addons Bundle" or is it in order to maintain the unlimited site license status I have to renew the whole bundle?

The Addon Bundle grants you unlimited site license as it's mentioned in the license agreement: https://gvectors.com/terms-and-conditions/#licenses

(@zeroinfinity777)

@tomson

Thanks Tom,

Still not totally clear on how the unlimited site license status works regarding the Bundle package.

1) Lets' say I buy the Bundle and get unlimited site license status. Upon renewal time I can either renew all the addon's within the bundle or I can renew just a few addons within the bundle. Those chosen addons will have unlimited site license status because they came in the Bundled package? Correct? Or not?  (i.e. - bundle stays bundle for unlimited site license status).

2) Will just renewing a few chosen out of the bundle cancel the unlimited site license status?

3) If I choose not update from 5.3.5 to 7 until next year will I be ok?

2) Will just renewing a few chosen out of the bundle cancel the unlimited site license status?

Meaning, for instance, I use them on six websites or more - I'll be able to get as many license keys as I need for different domains? At the moment I have only one site I need these for but if I'm nearing $100 for a single site license why not just get the whole bundle with the unlimited site license and be ready to go. I'm assuming each website requires registering a unique registration key?

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@zeroinfinity777

The license key is one per addon. But that keys can be used on multiple websites. After one year the keys of all addons will be expired and you'll not be able to get new updates. You should Buy Another Bundle license if you want to activate it on all websites.

But if you have only 1-2 websites you can Only buy Single Site or 3 Site License of each addon you use and activate only those in one year. You only need to renew the whole bundle if you have it activated on many websites.

3) If I choose not update from 5.3.5 to 7 until next year will I be ok?

We'll not support 5.3.5 issues after 1-2 months after the wpDiscuz 7 stable version release. You can continue to use it, but if you got any problem you'll not receive support.

Share: