The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
How can a user mana...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] How can a user manage their subscriptions?

12 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Is there not a url that the user can go to?  Ideally every email that wpdiscuz sends a user (from the moment they first get a confirmation email to subscribe to a post) would include a url t a link that lets them review/manage/unsubscribe from their followed posts.

Is something like this possible already ?

11 Replies
Support
(@zackar)
Trusted Member

Hi @adamtheforumuser

wpDiscuz does not have a separate page for managing subscriptions. The user can manage everything from the subscription panel.

You can find more detailed information here https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-documentation/settings/email-subscription/

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

Hi thanks for the response.   The thing is, that icon doesn't always appear.  Does this only appear if a cookie is setup?

And what is a user to do if they don't see this icon?

In fact, I can't even make this icon appear ever if I randomly subscribe to an article on our site having followed the email confirmation msg, ie

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2023/09/you-are-the-interviewer-2.html

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

@asti anything you can recommend ?

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

Does this only appear if a cookie is setup?

This is only in the case of the guests. In the case of the registered users, the cookies don't matter. 

If the user is logged in he/she will see the icon. 

AdamTheForumUser
(@adamtheforumuser)

Estimable Member

@asti I assume when you say logged in, you mean a user logged in with the WordPress login system correct ?  

I believe we have logged in users disabled because I don't see lots of records in the wp_users table.   

Is that were the user's are created or elsewhere?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

Yes, that's correct. I mean the regular WordPress users. 

AdamTheForumUser
(@adamtheforumuser)

Estimable Member

@asti so just to clarify.... on our setup with wp login integration disabled... if as an author of previous comments I use a new  browser/device that has no cookies on it, how do I get to manage those subscriptions?   Because there won't be this little button of the person with a cog setting present in the interface.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@adamtheforumuser,

The guests get an email notification there he/she can cancel subscriptions. In other words, the unsubscribe link is included in the email content. 

(@roshan)

I would agree with @adamtheforumuser.  It would be great to have something like the following:

• Manage Subscriptions link that we can optionally add to subscription emails.
  • The link takes a user to a page that is similar to what you see in the popup when clicking "My content and settings".
  • This is especially helpful for guests - if cookies get cleared, they lose access to the "My content and settings" icon near comment subscriptions.  However they can always revisit their old emails to get taken to a page to manage their content.
  • This might be a data model restriction - but registered users get to see the individual posts and comments they have subscribed too, while guests are only provided the option to delete all comments or subscriptions.  If all comments and subscriptions are keyed off email, it would be great if the "Manage Subscriptions" link lets guests manage their subscriptions with similar granularity as registered users.

All that said, I'm very impressed with the subscription system - thank you!

AdamTheForumUser
Topic starter
(@adamtheforumuser)
Estimable Member

@asti is something like what roshan suggests possible?  It would make management so much clearer.   GDPR demands that data management is made as easy as possible for the user to self-control.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Currently, the developers are too busy, so those features cannot be added in the near future releases.

Share: