The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Commenters Have Sam...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Commenters Have Same IP Address

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@sgclark)

Hi:

I use WPDiscuz on my website - sgclark.com - and when people leave comments, a high majority of them seem to all derive from the same IP address based down in Jacksonville, FL according to WordPress Comments area of the WP Dashboard.   I am wondering if this is due to a configuration within WPDiscuz?  I interact with the commenters - I respond to them with a comment, and they in turn respond again - so there are real people on the 'other end' but I just find it strange that all the commenters are being flagged as coming via the same IP address in FL?

Curious if you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Stephen

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @sgclark

The issue doesn't have any relation to the wpDiscuz plugin. It seems one of the active plugins caused the issue or something is wrong with your server configurations. 

Please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. If none of the plugins caused the issue, please contact your hosting support and let them know about the issue. 

Topic starter
(@sgclark)

That's a pretty canned answer.  How on earth am I to deactivate all my plug ins and then wait for someone to comment on my site to determine if it is caused by one of my plug ins.  That unrealistic.   

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@sgclark,

wpDiscuz gets the IP based on WordPress. So even if you deactivate the wpDiscuz you'll still see the issue. 

How on earth am I to deactivate all my plug ins and then wait for someone to comment on my site to determine if it is caused by one of my plug ins. 

You can test it yourself, just make some comments using a private section of your browser (incognito mode). 

Topic starter
(@sgclark)

That's the "issue" though.  It is detecting my IP address accurately.  However, for a good number of commenters on my site, it is not and all of them route through the previously mentioned Jacksonville location.  They all have different names, different email addresses, but they appear to be real people and they all route through the same Jacksonville 'server'.  Its very strange however glad to know it does not appear to be your plug in.  I can eliminate that.  Thanks for your help

Share: