The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
My guests can't fig...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion My guests can't figure out how to delete comments

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@tarindel)

I run a website with a large and active comment section using WPDiscuz.  I allow guests to post comments and edit their comments within a certain time frame.  They have no trouble figuring out how to edit comments, but they cannot figure out how to delete comments.  I get a lot of comments that read "please delete this", which I then have to do manually.

I would love to have a delete button right next to the edit button that allows guests to quick delete that one comment.  It could work on the same timer logic that the edit button uses.

Unfortunately, the Front End Moderation (which I purchased) doesn't seem to come with this capability.  As far as I can tell, the delete dropdown option only appears for registered users?  In any case, I'd love to have something more discoverable.

Thanks for the great plugin!

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi,

Users and guests can delete their own comments using the “My Content and Settings” button located on the top left side of the main comment form. This button opens a pop-up window with a list of the comments and "Delete" buttons.

For registred users: 

For guests: 

I may suggest you add some small "Admin Notes" using the wpdiscuz_comment_form_before hook. More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/codex/actions/wpdiscuz_comment_form_before/

Please check out this FAQ as well: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/the-wpdiscuz-features-available-for-users-from-the-frontend/

Topic starter
(@tarindel)

Thank you, I appreciate the response.  I suppose my feedback can be condensed down to, "This design is not intuitive for users".  My users are expecting a delete button next to the edit button, not to have to go through a separate interface.

Is this possible to add as an official feature?  Even as part of the front end moderation paid plugin.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@tarindel,

For security reasons, a guest is not allowed to delete a single comment as it's not possible to detect if the single comment belongs to the user or not. The guest can just delete all his/her comments with email confirmation. 

Topic starter
(@tarindel)

Thanks again for the response.  I guess I'm confused.

When a guest leaves a comment, they are able to edit that comment for a certain amount of time.  I assume this is done via a cookie.

But the same cannot be done for deleting that same comment within that time period?

What's happening is my guests who want to delete a comment they have just posted end up having to edit it instead.  Then they replace the content of the comment with "." or "delete please" and I have to go delete it manually.  This is frustrating for both of us.

It would be super nice if they had the option to delete any comment they still have permission to edit.

Thanks again.  I appreciate your consideration.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@tarindel,

I'll pass your request to the developers. If there is an easy way to change the working logic, they'll include the changes in the plugin codes. 

Share: