The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Display last "n" co...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Display last "n" comments instead of last page of comments

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@brian)

A big problem I have with WordPress comments is that they display the last page of comments instead of the last "n" comments where "n" is a constant.  So, the page might show only one comment even though you might have hundreds of comments.  The comments increase until the page fills up, then it shows one comment again.

Is there any way for wpDiscuz to show the last "n" comments instead of last page?

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@brian)

I forgot to mention, this is a fantastic plugin. Many thanks for developing it!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you very much @brian,

This option comes from WordPress. Once you enable the "Break comments into pages" option you'll have native wp functions working there. 

I may suggest you set the value as shown in the screenshot: 

Topic starter
(@brian)

Hi Asti,

Thank you for your fast reply.  This solution does insure that "n" comments are always visible, but they are from the first page of comments chronologically, so they are not the latest.

Is there a way to display the LATEST "n" comments? (I suspect not, but just checking)

Thanks,
Brian

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@brian,

Is there a way to display the LATEST "n" comments? (I suspect not, but just checking)

Please try to set the options as it's shown on the screenshot above. In that case, the latest "n" comments will be displayed, but on the first page, not on the last one. But it should be mentioned that if you set the options like that, the first page will be displayed. 

It will be approximately nearer the way you want.

Share: