The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
reCaptcha Error: re...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] reCaptcha Error: reCAPTCHA placeholder element must be an element or id

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jhoe241)

I have an error in reCAPTCHA, it display when the user is not logged. 

reCaptcha Error: reCAPTCHA placeholder element must be an element or id

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jhoe241,

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue. 

(@autistance)

Hello, I have also the same situation (same error for guest users), with Firefox, while with Chrome and Opera I have a (sometimes) different error message (like "greCaptcha is not a function).

If I put the slider (Google reCaptcha settings) to "easier for the users", the problem is exactly the same.

I don't think I'm using any other Captcha plugin or thing...

The comment form works anyway, but that red error message is of course very bad because it appears even on the home page.

You can see the problem here https://autistance.org/kb/doc/autistan-org/s005000/s005340/s005340-cd/s005340-cd_20200814_obipha-parousia/

Once the "starting problems" will be fixed, I will surely leave a nice comment on WordPress because I love your plugin 🙂

I hope you can help.
Thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Hi @autistance,

This may be a plugin conflict. It seems there is some other reCAPTCHA plugin. Please deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. 

(@autistance)

Hello, thanks a lot for your swift answer 🙂

I disabled one by one all the plugins which could have something to do with reCaptcha, but it did not help.

Then I clicked the button "Fix the database tables" in wpDiscuz, and also I disabled "display captcha on subscription form" (in fact, i don't know what this subscription form is...).

Then the problem was solved in all browsers.
Then I reactivated the button "subscription form" and the errors came back in pages with a login widget ( https://autistance.org/):

and not in pages without such widgets (https://autistance.org/kb/doc/autistan-org/s005000/s005340/s005340-cd/s005340-cd_20200814_obipha-parousia/ ) :

BUT there is an error on a page similar as above, except that there are no comments at all on that page ( https://autistance.org/kb/doc/autistan-org/s005000/s005340/s005340-cd-001/ ) :

In fact, I don't even see any subscription bar... (I saw it yesterday, but not anymore).

So for now I will just deactivated that button

but even like this the problem is still present...

so... I don't know what to do...

and now the crazy thing is that the error is still there if I disable the 3 buttons (and I always click the "save" button of course)

Now I clicked the "Reset tab options" button, which emptied all the fields, but the error is still there...

Another strange thing is that, no matter how many times I regenerate comments votes data and meta, it's nver taken int account :

and now if I deactivate wpDiscuz completely, the error disappears....

and I see this :

(the "Join the conversation line is because of Replyable plugin)

Now I deactivate Replyable and reactivate wpDiscuz : the error did not come back 🙂

SO there is a problem of integration with Replyable.

Now I reactivate also wpDiscuz : the problem does not come back. Good.

I enable reCaptcha for guests, I put the two keys from Google,

and the problem is still absent 🙂

I dont dare to enale the "subscription" button.

I need to go to bed now (8am)...

Let's hope that these errors won't come back...

Share: