[Solved] Problem with the plugin

31 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@shira1)
Eminent Member

Hello,

I use your free plugin, and everything works great, except for the part where the user is supposed to register his email and name, he can not respond, it makes him error.

Thank you

30 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @shira1,

wpDiscuz is a comment login. It doesn't have a registration page. Please show some screenshot or leave a direct link to the page you're referring.

6 Replies
(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@tomson Hi, I meant that I defined the "Name" and the "Email" as requried fields. I checked if it works fine, but when a user write his name, Wpdiscuz says there is an error. For your information, the language of the form is not English.

Thank you

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@shira1,

Please leave a direct link to the page where we can see the error.

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@tomson The page is not in English, so I'm afraid it will not help

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@tomson The error is: "What you wrote does not match the requested field"

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

CAN YOU ANSWER ME PLS 😭 😭 😭 😭 

Support
(@jacob)

Estimable Member

@shira1 

Hi, please leave a example URL of a page you need help with.

Topic starter
(@shira1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter
(@shira1)
Eminent Member

@tomson I want to emphasize that the site is under construction and not in the air.

21 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Forms admin page, edit the "Default form", find the "COMMENT TEXT FIELD" section. Edit the "Email" field and uncheck the "Field is required"

More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/manage-comment-forms/comment-form-builder/#edit_and_delete_fields

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti I did what you said. But still when I write a commentor's name it's says: "The desired format must be adjusted!" 😭 😭 😭 

And I would like that the Email field will be required. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

Just reduce the value of the "Comment author name length" option. The option is located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Form Settings admin page.

More info here:  https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-form/#comment-author-name-length-for-guests-only

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti Why it says that the minimum lenght is 3? I want it will be 1

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

Change the value and set it 1 if you want.  Please watch this video: https://www.screencast.com/t/o5tts2tsAg

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti please see this:

ERROR WPDISCUZ
(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti It's says that the value must be 3 or bigger than 3

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

this is just the RTL conflict. Simply the labels are messed due to RTL. Just change the next value. 

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti I didn't understand what to do, can you explain me pls?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

You should change the max value instead of min. 

The names of the labels were changed due to RTL. 

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti It worked! Thank you so much. 

I have a few more problems and I would love for you to help me with them:

1. How do I change the font of the response text and the font of the button?

2. When typing an email in the field of the email, notes appear while typing such as: "You need to type @ in the email" etc. How do you get rid of these notes?

3. I do not want the site to "remember" the respondent's details, so in a situation where the user goes between different posts on the site, I want him to re-type his name and his email each time. The same goes for when the user enters the site on another day and wants to comment on a post, I do not want the site to display his name and email address that he filled in on another day on the site. That's how it is now and I want to change that.

4. When the user presses the "comment" button (even in a situation where he wants to respond to someone else), how do you create a cancel option button?

5. While clicking on the fields, the boxes getting black stroke, how do you change the the color? I did not find the option in the styling options.

Thank you!!

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

1. How do I change the font of the response text and the font of the button?

You should use CSS code. 

You can find all classes by pressing F12 on the browser and opening Chrome or Firefox Console, it'll help you easily write CSS rules you need to customize. 

CSS

This website should help you to write CSS rules:      https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/default.asp

2. When typing an email in the field of the email, notes appear while typing such as: "You need to type @ in the email" etc. How do you get rid of these notes?

Each email address must contain the @ symbol. 

I do not want the site to "remember" the respondent's details, so in a situation where the user goes between different posts on the site, I want him to re-type his name and his email each time.

wpDiscuz doesn't have such a feature. 

The same goes for when the user enters the site on another day and wants to comment on a post, I do not want the site to display his name and email address that he filled in on another day on the site. That's how it is now and I want to change that.

Here you can use the "Keep guest commenter credentials in browser cookies for X days" option. Set the value of option 0. More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-form/#keep-guest-commenter-credentials-in-browser-cookies-for-x-days

4. When the user presses the "comment" button (even in a situation where he wants to respond to someone else), how do you create a cancel option button?

I'm really sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have such a feature. 

5. While clicking on the fields, the boxes getting black stroke, how do you change the the color?

Here you should use the CSS code as well. 

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti About 2: I know that every email should contain @, I just don't want that will apear notes while the user types his email. 

About 4: I want to create a "cancle" button that allows the user to close the comment option

CANCEL BUTTON

like there is in your website. I send you a screenshot from your website:

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

About 2: I know that every email should contain @, I just don't want that will apear notes while the user types his email. 

Please read how the system works. If the user fills his email address incorrectly the message will be displayed after he/she clicks on the "Post Comment" button. The message will be kept until the user fills @ symbol. This can't be fixed by the wpDiscuz side. This validation is being made by the browser.

About 4: I want to create a "cancle" button that allows the user to close the comment option

As I've already mentioned wpDiscuz doesn't have such an option. There is not any solution we can provide you. 

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti About 2: The message appeared even before the user finished typing his email. Now I saw that it was gone somehow. 

About 4: So how you created the cancel button? Your comment system in this forum is not built with the wpdiscuz plugin? 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

About 4: So how you created the cancel button? Your comment system in this forum is not built with the wpdiscuz plugin? 

You've already been answered in the post above. No, here we use the wpForo forum plugin. Those are not the same. wpDiscuz is a commenting plugin. wpForo is a forum plugin. 

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti What's the difference between the 2 plugins?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

The wpDiscuz is a commenting plugin. It uses for adding a discussion under the post, page, etc,

The wpForo is a forum plugin. It can be used for the communities, support forums, etc.  

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti Got it. So in your opinion if I want people to comment my posts, what is the right plugin for me?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@shira1,

The wpDiscuz plugin is necessary for you.  

(@shira1)

Eminent Member

@asti Thank you very much!!

Share: