The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Need to refresh pag...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Need to refresh page before the comment appears

11 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@mqkry)

Hello, I really like using wpdiscuz on my website, it adds many important features that I need. The only problem I have is that whenever a user submits a comment, nothing happens unless they refresh the page (there is a loading animation, but then it disappears and nothing else happens). If the user tries hitting the Post comment button again, there is an error that's saying Duplicate comment detected... Only after they refresh the page they will see that their comment actually got submitted, but this is very user-unfriendly in my opinion.

I tried to test it in different ways, and I see this problem only occurs when the comment is held for moderation. If the comment is automatically approved, then it appears right away in the comment section there is no need to refresh. Unfortunately, this is very important to me to approve all comment on my website manually, so this problem will appear for every user, and people are telling me it becomes annoying.

I tried to find the plugin conflict, but I couldn't. I only didn't deactivate Elementor, because I was worried I will lose all my pages I created with it. I also tried disabling caching in .htaccess but it also didn't change anything.

Maybe there is a simple solution, like a piece of code I can add to refresh the page after the comment is added? Please help me get through this issue, thank you

10 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@mqkry,

Could you please leave some example URL? 

Topic starter
(@mqkry)

https://islamconnect.in/group_posts/why-do-muslims-keep-beard/#comments

This is one of the posts that has WpDiscuz enabled but in order to comment you have to register on the website. By default all registered users are Subscribers and their comments are not approved unless the Admin manually approves them, and this is when the problem occurs (when the comment is not approved the page needs to be refreshed to see the comment).

For now, I changed the default alert text from "Duplicate comment detected" to "Please refresh the page", to make it a bit less confusing to the users, but it is still confusing, unfortunately.

Topic starter
(@mqkry)

If you don't want to register, this is how it looks like for the user

7 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mqkry,

For further support please install the Query Monitor plugin and send the screenshot of the issues. It'll allow us easily debug the issue. 

(@mqkry)

@asti,
I have installed the Query Monitor plugin but it didn't find any errors when I was posting a comment as a user. I'm not sure what should I include on the screenshots, but I took a screenshot of an error that the user gets when trying to click on Post Comment again, after it's not shown in the comments section.

Obraz4

The user's comment gets submitted on the first click and it appears in the admin dashboard. But the user doesn't see it in the comment section until they refresh the page. This is confusing, that's why many users think their comment was not submitted and try to click on the Post Comment button again, but it displays an error "Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!".

I have updated WpDiscuz to version 7.2.0 in hope that this would help, but this issue is still there.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mqkry,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

(@mqkry)

@asti,

I have sent the login details on this email. Thank you for your help.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mqkry,

This is a conflict with the active theme or other plugins. You should deactivate the plugins/theme one by one and check after each deactivation to find a problem maker. 

(@mqkry)

@asti, thank you again so much for your help. It took me a long time but I was able to finally find the conflict, it was in my theme files. I fixed it now and everything is working properly. WpDiscuz is a really great plugin and I'm happy I was able to fix this issue. Thank you 🙂

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved.

Share: