The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Comment Emails to P...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Comment Emails to Post Author include raw HTML tags

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cobourgjohn)

I have the new version 7.0 with one plugin for Recaptcha installed (also version 7), and it generally works well and is bringing compliments.  I write all the posts, subscriptions are disabled and although there are a few registered users, most comments are by guests.  So the only emails that get sent, are to me as the post author notifying me of a comment.  All these emails include HTML tags - often just a leading <p> and trailing </p> but sometimes quite a lot.  The tags are around and in the comment content - the header and links are OK.  The actual comments in WordPress are fine - it's only the emails that have these unwanted format tags.  This problem only started with Version 7.0.  There have been no other recent changes and the server is not heavily loaded. and there are no error messages on the server.  A solution would be appreciated.

7 Replies
Topic starter
(@cobourgjohn)

Additional info.  This bug only happens for about half the emails notifying of comments - strange.

4 Replies
Alina
(@alina)

@cobourgjohn,

Please let us know exactly the type of emails that come with the HTML tags.

(@cobourgjohn)

@alina Whenever a comment is made, an email is sent to the author of the post - me.  Those are the emails with the tags.  The mails indicate who the person is and what's in the comment.  It finishes with links to view or trash the comments. But it's not all emails - but about half.  I can't see any pattern as to why some and not others.  Thank you.

(@cobourgjohn)

More data - in a sample of 29 emails, 4 are OK and 25 have unwanted HTML tags.  Some guests are OK, others are not.  It's dependent on who is making the comment.  It's not their browser - my test comments always generate an email with tags even with Chrome, Edge or Firefox.  It's not if they are registered - the emails with tags are related to mostly guests but also some registered users.  It could be OS - I have no way to test that - I'd guess it could be OK with Apple or perhaps mobile since most of my visitors are desktop PC users. Hopefully this helps.  I upgraded to 7.0.1 but it made no difference.

Below is pasted the section of a sample email with tags:

Comment:
<p>I guess that we have a lot of Medical experts out there of all facets of health </p><p>so Just may be we should leave it up to the Regional Health Dept to make decisions </p><p><br /></p><p>I am also very surprised that there is no NO mandatory testing of our food handlers </p><p>whether it be in the grocery stores Restaurants and take outs .</p><p>even the person that may not handle the food but say handles the packaging </p><p>can spread the virus ??</p>

Thank You.

(@cobourgjohn)

Oops.  There's  at least one exception where in two different comments, one email has tags and the other does not.  I also played with line 125 in file class.WpdiscuzEmailHelper.php where it specifies $header but nothing made any difference.  Note that comments in the WP back end look correct as does the actual published comment.  It's only the email that's weird.

Topic starter
(@cobourgjohn)

I think I have the exact conditions - several examples of an email with no unwanted tags come from people commenting on an android phone.  So the problems can be narrowed down to occurring from people sending from desktops.  When they comment, the emails advising me of that contain HTML tags in the text showing the content of the comment.  See sample above.  I know this is not critical but a solution would be good.

Topic starter
(@cobourgjohn)

The new update 7.0.2 fixed the problem.  Case closed

Share: