The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Unable to receive c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Bug Unable to receive comment moderation and "notify new replies to this comment" email notifications

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@xiaolulu)
Eminent Member

I set up a test environment locally. Yesterday I tested using two usernames and two different mailboxes to perform a reply test under two different browsers. When using "username 1" to reply for the first time, " Notify of new replies to this comment" is turned on, and I can receive an email after the review is approved. I use another browser and another username "Username 2" to reply to the comment of "Username 1", Username 2 was able to receive the approval email, but "Username 1" did not receive the "Notify of new replies to this comment" email!

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @xiaolulu,

Please check each point mentioned in this FAQ and leave some feedback for each one: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/f-a-q/wpdiscuz-subscription-and-email-notification-dont-work/

Topic starter
(@xiaolulu)
Eminent Member

I've read these before reporting back, and what I can troubleshoot, I've made sure there's nothing wrong with it.
1 My wordpress email address is @163's mailbox, every time I receive someone commenting on an article, wordpress will notify me to review the email. This is no problem.
2 This is my local server
3 did not use gamail
4 I'm not trying to subscribe to a comment before commenting, I'm just testing to track replies
5 I'm a local network, I can't find a friend to test my local network.
6 I have not subscribed to comments
7 I can understand
8 No such plugin
9 read
10 have been identified with this datasheet
Two more points:
1. Article ratings cannot be reset, that is to say, all buttons in "Tools" are grayed out and cannot be selected.
2. I tried to subscribe to comments before, but I didn't receive a confirmation email

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@xiaolulu

First of all, please note, if the function works for one user it will work for other users as well. There are no restrictions in the plugin codes for specific users.

Please ensure that the user you're testing is neither an author of the current post nor an Administrator. In this case, if the WordPress 'Email me whenever > Anyone posts a comment' option is enabled, you won't receive an email notification from the wpDiscuz plugin to avoid sending duplicate emails. You can find this option in the Dashboard > Settings > Discussions admin page

1. Article ratings cannot be reset, that is to say, all buttons in "Tools" are grayed out and cannot be selected.

We'll check and get back to you soon. 

2. I tried to subscribe to comments before, but I didn't receive a confirmation email

Please check the spam box. 

Topic starter
(@xiaolulu)
Eminent Member

When I installed and tested wpDiscuz for the first time, I, as an administrator, was able to receive notifications for comments from @163 mailbox I set up in wordpress. What you mentioned: Whenever > "Email me when anyone leaves a comment" This feature didn't bother me. When I use my other mailbox @qq mailbox as a user comment, the emails received by the QQ mailbox that have passed the comment review are in the trash bin. This factor can be completely ruled out. I will check all emails carefully!
I tested the "subscribe to comments" function again, and the upper right corner of the page displayed a red "subscription fault"!
Regarding the "Tools" button, I took a closer look: "Regenerate comment data" is only "use this tool, you can regenerate comment votes" This button and the input box can be used normally, and the other three cannot be grayed out Not optional. Also, the button under "Rebuild Scoring" is also grayed out. Import comment images, because I don't have the "wpDiscuz Media Uploader" plugin installed, the button is not selectable. The two buttons under Import Subscription are also not selectable. I don’t know if the “Subscribe To Comments Reloaded” plugin is not installed and the buttons are not selectable.
In short, I can't go online without my local test failing!

Share: