The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Cant put 'Leave a r...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Cant put 'Leave a reply/comment message above comment form. etc

9 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Hi there.

I was a big fan of this plugin but you made some bad moves. with an update by default all these things pop up on the screen which i didnt ask for. I had to turn them all off. The dark theme comment form looks awful on a dark website. You dont give many options to improve the color scheme. I would prefer to have the old look back. I would happily continue using your plugin if that was possible

Also its standard in wordpress to have 'leave a comment/reply' above the comment form. There does not seem an option to enable/disable this. I read in another topic that 'this is the new look'. Youre going all windows 8 on us now? All about looks and ignoring customer feedback?

8 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member

Hi @dbea3059,

Posted by: @dbea3059

with an update by default all these things pop up on the screen which i didnt ask for. I had to turn them all off. The dark theme comment form looks awful on a dark website. You dont give many options to improve the color scheme.

Please provide more information. What exactly you'd like to change?

Posted by: @dbea3059

Also its standard in wordpress to have 'leave a comment/reply' above the comment form. There does not seem an option to enable/disable this. I read in another topic that 'this is the new look'. Youre going all windows 8 on us now? All about looks and ignoring customer feedback?

You can add it back very easy, putting this hook in the WordPress active theme functions.php file or using other custom code inserting solutions:

add_action('wpdiscuz_comment_form_before', function() {
echo '<h3 style="max-width: 750px;margin: 0px auto;">' . __('Leave a Reply', 'wpdiscuz') . '</h3>';
});
Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Ok a list of things that would help me and my site. (shvideos.net)

1. Option to change color of the  "user and log out" text in top right corner of comment form (when logged in). My site theme is black with red text everywhere. blue text just clashes.

2. Option to hide the advanced tools, images options under the comment form.

3. Option to change background colour of text field (where people type their comment. The new dark mode looks odd to me. (To make it easier why not add the choice 'classic' in the style options for anyone wanting to continue with the old look.)

4. maybe add a toggle option in the menu so people can quickly choose to hide or show the 'Leave a Reply' header. (Your proposed solution of editing theme files in html might put off some users)

5. New features like the comment bubble should not appear automatically after an update. People have many plugins so they might struggle to work out what plugin caused that change. People often update their plugins at the same time.

Again i should say the plugin has been great for my site. i installed it 2 years ago because i wanted to imitate the look of the youtube comment form. This new update seems to be departing from that look.

6 Replies
Eli
 Eli
(@eli)

Trusted Member

@dbea3059 the new look is 350 times better than the old one, it looks very modern and slick, the old one looked like something from the 90s.

Your site looks great with the new system, sometimes we get used to things and it's hard to accept changes, it happens to me too, once you get the hang of the new style and you change the colors etc you might find it hard to like your older look, give it some time.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@dbea3059,

o*g!!!

Why have you switched to the Minimum Style? Don't you read the description of that option? The Minimum style is designed for developers, it turns off wpDiscuz style and loads minimal css code to let you customize it from scratch. So, now your comment system design has no any relation to wpDiscuz 7 design. Please switch it to the Dark mode, so we could help you change some colors. The Minimum stile is out of support and it is just nothing, that's not a style, that's a "turned off" style.

2020 05 31 1723

(@korzychxp)

Trusted Member

@tomson I suggest that you don't name it "minimal" but "off". This is for those who don't read FAQ

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@korzychxp,

Sure, I agree. We'll change it asap, in next version. But it still loads minimal CSS so it's not 100% off.

(@dbea3059)

Eminent Member

@tomson Sorry i will reply to yours and eli comments here.

No need to be dramatic about it. I looked at all three styles. The minimum style seemed to be the most lowkey and the most appropriate color-wise. A black background with white text with no distractions.  With the dark version I tried to look for the option to change colors of everything but struggled. I dont think the dark version in the latest update was properly tested. From my test the default looked awful.

I feel a sign of a good product is it being easy to use and even a manual not being necessary. Things like an iphone and ipad. who reads the manual? and they are big success stories.

in reply to eli's comment, yeah i understand sometimes change is good,  having a modern look. But there are other issues like the comment form suiting the site. Some sites like stack overflow are very technical, some gaming sites are cutting edge etc. However some sites want to be simple or maybe feminine looking. So if id want to have mass appeal id go safe in the middle ground rather than narrowing into one area.

There are plugins that have alot of customisation in a simple menu. 'sassy social share' impressed me with everything being so customisable, user friendly and all in one page.

Anyway thankyou for the 2 years that the plugin helped my site. it improved the look of my site and knew it was the best plugin. However i feel i have to give this new look some time and see if can get the right results. if pushed id rather change a plugin than change my site.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@dbea3059,

This is a dark theme suiting issue. If you use the Dark Style of wpDiscuz, we could help to adapt wpDiscuz colors and background. The Dark style is almost ready for any kind of Dark Theme. It; very easy to change some gray bg and colors to black to make it more suitable. Just leave a URL to that page, and we'll suggest some changes with CSS code.

Share: