The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
wpDiscuz & BuddyPre...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] wpDiscuz & BuddyPress integration (also Comment Author Info add-on)

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@wpuser)
Trusted Member

Hello All,

I'm currently using wpDiscuz version 7 and I'm wondering what's happened to the BuddyPress integration settings. I believe in the previous versions, this could be found in wpDiscuz > Settings > Integrations. However it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

My site is a user-generated content site, so people create topics and wpDiscuz is used for the comments. Now in order to create a topic, a user has to register (which is what I used BuddyPress for). I've purchased the wpDiscuz Add-On bundle and am wondering how the Comment Author Info add-on would work alongside BuddyPress.

For example, if someone registers on my site, they will have a profile page (created by BuddyPress), but there would also be a user comment profile page (created by the the Comment Author Info Add-on). So there'll be 2 profile pages for 1 user? Or is there a BuddyPress integration setting that I've missed?

Thanks for the help!

10 Replies
1 Reply
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member
Posted by: @wpuser

For example, if someone registers on my site, they will have a profile page (created by BuddyPress), but there would also be a user comment profile page (created by the the Comment Author Info Add-on). So there'll be 2 profile pages for 1 user? Or is there a BuddyPress integration setting that I've missed?

The wpDiscuz - BuddyPress Integration addon is already released. Please check out the full-fledged integration solution here: https://gvectors.com/product/wpdiscuz-buddypress-integration/

wpDiscuz BuddyPress Activity Stream Integration
wpDiscuz BuddyPress Notifications and Settings
wpDiscuz BuddyPress Profile Discussions Tabs
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @wpuser,

TheΒ integration tab is removed for the plugin settings. Currently, if you install the BuddyPress plugin wpDiscuz will automatically display the author name and avatar from the BuddyPress plugin.Β 

For example, if someone registers on my site, they will have a profile page (created by BuddyPress), but there would also be a user comment profile page (created by the the Comment Author Info Add-on)

The Comment Author Info Add-on doesn't create any profile pages. It just displaysΒ details about comment authors. Comment Author Avatar to openΒ Quick InfoΒ and click on Author Name or on CommentΒ [ i ]Β icon (top right corner of each comment) to openΒ Full Info.

(@autistance)

Hello, I have a similar question although I did not yet buy any wpDiscuz addon.

I installed wpDiscuz quite long ago and I duly installed the BP integration code thanks to Code Snippets plugin, and it's still active.
--> Should I disable this snippet ?

But I cannot see anything about wpDiscuz in BP user pages.
I thought that the integration was displaying something (at list a tab) in the BP user profile page ? (Can't remember).
--> Is there some way to do that ? I mean, an integration with BuddyPress that would show some wpDiscuz settings or data or something (if possible, all the user's discussions...) on the BP user profile page ?... That would be very nice.

Btw. the wpDiscuz control panel has a problem, it is hidden behind main layers.
It's the first time I see that on may site. And even if it was on foreground, it's located very very low (bottom of page) so when users click the wheel for "my content and settings", nothing happens and not many people will scroll down...

Thanks for your advices and for your very nice and useful plugin.
Looking forward to buy some addons later once all will be setup and working well.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@autistance,

Please read my answers below:

--> Should I disable this snippet ?

Yes, you should remove that code.Β 

I thought that the integration was displaying something (at list a tab) in the BP user profile page ? (Can't remember).

The integration included only the profile link avatars and display name.Β 

--> Is there some way to do that ? I mean, an integration with BuddyPress that would show some wpDiscuz settings or data or something (if possible, all the user's discussions...) on the BP user profile page ?... That would be very nice.

We're really sorry, but wpDiscuz doesn't have such integration.

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can asses the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

Btw.Β the wpDiscuz control panel has a problem, it is hidden behind main layers.

Please leave some example URL to allow us to check the issue.Β 

(@autistance)

Thank you very much.

You can see that problem of "User panel partly hidden at page bottom" on any page, like for example the home page https://autistance.org

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@autistance,

This is just a small CSS conflict with the active theme. Use this code to solve it:

div.lity {
z-index: 999999999 !important;
}

Put the code in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again.Β 

Please don't forget to press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking.

I have to ask you to open a new support topic for each issue. It's too hard to support all questions one mixed topic.Β 

(@autistance)

P.S.Β  Other problem, if I try to paste a screenshot in a comment (like here), it will "search" in vain and then display the error "Input s too long".
(I've left the media settings by default.)

Β 

(@autistance)

I tried with another image in another comment (edited) and this time after a very long time (more than 1 mn) the image was published, but as a huge block of text....

Β 

(@autistance)

Hello, thanks a lot about the div position fix πŸ™‚

This panel is very nice and useful πŸ™‚

By "Click the button above to get an email with bulk delete and unsubscribe links.", probably you mean "the link" (which is just above this phrase).

Regarding my other issues, I discovered that my site was hacked, hence there were various problems, of course.

Now all is working and nice with wpDiscuz (and Replyable), I'm very happy πŸ™‚

Now i will buy the "Widgets" addon, and other laters.

And I will avoid mixing questions.

Thanks !

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that the issue is solved. I'll mark the topic as solved and close it soon.Β 

Share: