The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
php comments_templa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

php comments_template not replacing custom theme comment section.

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@thepocalypse)

Hello!

I've installed the wpDiscuz plugin on my WP site (thepocalypse.com) and it does work properly when I preview the Twenty Twenty-One default WP theme (as shown below).

preview test

Unfortunately, my WP site is running a custom theme. It does use php comments_template() but wpDiscuz does not replace the current comment section (as shown below).

current site

What can I do to get wpDiscuz to show up on my current theme? I do have access to all the code and have some knowledge of it but after some tinkering, testing, and comparing the Twenty Twenty-One code, I can't figure this out. 

Thank you very much for your help!

2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi thepocalypse,

Please check each point mentioned in this doc and leave some feedback for each one: 

https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

Topic starter
(@thepocalypse)

Hello Asti, thanks for the response! Unfortunately, I did try all those tips before posting and they didn't work 🙁 After further inspection, I'm suspecting that I'm using an old theme (10+ years old) that is missing some newer WP functions. For instance, the site doesn't use wp_footer, only get_footer, etc.

Do you think this is the issue? Are there specific files or code I can manually migrate over from a newer theme to make wpDiscuz work? 

Thanks again!

Share: